The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism - a blow to the head (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

markiquark
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of markiquark
Hi folks. Is there such a thing as walk around mentalism? I am looking for an effect that is short. And VERY powerful. Something, if possible, that will completely floor the spectator. Like....mental yarn by Bill Goldman. I think it's a good effect. But: it's not examinable. Not that they would want to or one should let them (this is not what I want to discuss here), but I am looking for something that happens or seems to happen only in the mind. What I am talking about? I don't know, I am asking you. Someting that should take up not more than a minute or maybe 90 seconds and does not have to do with playing cards, esp cards, TTs, billets, maybe something that can be achieved with words alone? Again, a bit like mental yarn but EVEN stronger, cleaner? "With words alone" is not a must, I am just looking for something

a. quick
b. simple
c. VERY powerful
d. clean

I know this might sound like a tough cookie. If pressed, just ignore what I said, for example if you think that you have an AMAZING card trick and it fullfills all the OTHER criteria, that's fine too. Can't wait. Go for it.
If you are going to Puerto Vallarta on your acations, let me know and write me a PM. I am interested in meeting magicians.
ScottJ
View Profile
Regular user
Hertfordshire, England.
143 Posts

Profile of ScottJ
Try some sort of NW effect. Obviously present it in such a way as to fool those wiseguys who know about such things, like by putting it in an envelope, having your hands examined (though not much emphasis put here) etc.

Good luck.
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
301 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
Markiquark

> Is there such a thing as walk around mentalism?

Yes. In fact, Mark Strivings wrote a book entitled "Mobile Mentalism." Also available by Strivings is the video "WAM: Walk Around Mentalism." I have the book; it's pretty good.

Doing brief palm or numerology readings is also good for walk-around work.

Regards,

Richard
Ola
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia / Sweden
245 Posts

Profile of Ola
Drawing Duplication with business cards. Great effect and marketing tool
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you are all the same...
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
How powerful it is depends on YOU, not the trick you are doing. You seem to be striving for the 'grail' of mentalism, yet I would firmly recommend a grounding in mentalism first - get Corinda and Annemann, and start reading and learning.

People new to mentalism seem eager to shun billets, NW, cards etc - yet these can be extraordinarily powerful in the right hands. A simple CT, done well and presented well, is more powerful than 100 card tricks. Please do not overlook the power of these.

If you insist on abandoning classic methods, there are plenty of bold and 'clean' mentalism - the works of Knepper, Banachek, Jermay etc spring to mind.

I hope this helps. Pm me for any more information.

Si
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
PCT, StenoESP, cutlery bending... the list goes on and on.

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
inorthcott
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of inorthcott
Yep I agree with all before.

Sometimes the "simple" stuff can be the most powerful.
"Life's too short for wasting - for ifs and might have beens"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism - a blow to the head (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL