The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blockhead: Comedy Idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
This idea just randomly popped into my head earlier this morning...

I remember seeing a coin sold in magic/joke shops that had a nail on one side of it and after sticking a coin to your head you would switch it for that one to make it seem like it was nailed in.

Well, I haven't had luck finding the product but you can easily hot glue a long enough nail (to do the blockhead) to the back of a coin and do the same thing. First stick a regular coin (dup.) on your head, then other random parts of your face. Secretly switch it out for the one with the nail on it and pretend to stick it just below your nose, but in reality you're sticking the nail in. Pull it out and show the nail.

Or you could do the original stuck on head, show the nail and then proceed to prove that it was actually nailed into your head by nailing it into another part of your face (nose of course).

What are your thoughts?

Dan
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Have used the Blockhead idea incorporated into a magic trick before.
Card chosen,returned,located, palmed out>>>>turn away from speckie,shove nail through the card and stick in your head,,face speckie,pull card plus nail with it,and dump it in their hands,,,,got a reasonable surprise reaction but seemed to defeat the object of the real Blockhead effect,,, so I binned it.

Ken.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
I have welded a quarter (that's a 25 cent piece to you Brits) to a masonry nail. Find a small crack in the sidewalk, hammer the piece in, sit back and watch the fun! Works better than using crazy glue (which is nice to glue a dollar to the sidewalk).
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Search "Floor Nickles" in novelties...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
BTW, you can readily solder a roofing nail to a nickle. Just use flux.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blockhead: Comedy Idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL