The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » An effect with numbers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic and Drums
View Profile
New user
Germany
46 Posts

Profile of Magic and Drums
Hi everybody!

First of all: I hope you understand me, my English isn't the very best Smile

I'm working on a new and very special routine of my own right now, and there are some difficulties I could need some help with... I need eight spectators to choose a number from 1 to 6 each. And here's my problem: The sequence of digits is prearranged, so I need the right numbers from the spectators in the exact order! (I hope I can make myself clear with that)
Although I have some ideas of how to achieve this, I don't yet want to write them here, so I don't influence any ideas that may come up here about this.

Does anyone have an idea how to do that in a clean way?
Thank you all in advance!

Yours,
Daniel
magicuncle
View Profile
Regular user
Elgin, IL
126 Posts

Profile of magicuncle
Daniel,
Maybe someone else will have the name of the effect, but there is a routine where just about any combination of numbers or letters can be revealed in order after a fair shuffle and selection. The performer displays a number of envelopes and mixes them. He then demonstates to the audience how they will help him mix them some more by laying them down one by one. As each enevelope is laid down, the spectator has the option to ask the performer to switch it with the next envelope or just place it on the pile. This can be done with a different person each making a choice if you wish. The envelopes are now displayed in the order they have been mixed to and upon revealing the contents, your prediction or saying is in perfect order.
I don't have the original source handy, but I know Bruce Bernstein presents this in his lectures and it is in his notes, but I have seen it in a couple of other books also. We have the most knowledgable people in the world here, I'm sure they will have more sources to offer. -Brian
Magic and Drums
View Profile
New user
Germany
46 Posts

Profile of Magic and Drums
Hi Brian,

thank you very much for your post. I believe I have some Bernstein material somewhere around my shelves... Maybe I can find it.

Daniel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » An effect with numbers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL