The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Favorite street trick,besides cups and balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Well lets hear it,what are your most favorite street tricks?
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
acehigher
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of acehigher
I'm not a busker just someone who realy wants to be one.

Anyway I saw someone swallow 6 razor blades and some string, then he pulled them back out, all tied up, I really enjoyed it:)
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
There is always the old standby's of Linking Rings or the Houdini Rope Escape.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
TT (I watched a Busker use one and I was hooked)

acehigher
What's stoping you how can we help?
Mario
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
I thought this topic would get pages of posts oh well.
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
After over a million messages, most "What's your favorite..." posts seem to go largely ignored.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
I have a card to mouth routine I love to do. I put my coat and hat on a child and tell them that they are going to be the magician and make a signed card disappear. When they perform the magical gesture I start coughing like crazy and pull the card out of my mouth. It seems to work well and parents love to take pictures of their kid in oversized clothing (not to mention it easy to get the audience to clap a lot for a small child and build a crowd).
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Ace do you still live in Korea?.
If so. then I can see a bit of problem in busking.
You could try buying a boombox and doing it to music only, but even then, people would look at you pretty funny on the streets.
Are there any Close-Up magicians working in the restaurants there? I know there are few korean magicians.. but I havent seen their work. ever.
Cheers.
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Prof. Nightmare.
Kellar Rope Tie
Thumb Cuffs
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
RINGS! RINGS! RINGS!

I love the Rings, doing a modified version of Chris Capehart's 3 ring, in your face Ring routine.

On the Street, you can get a whole lot of people involved, and I love to tell them how impossible it is, link them, spin the ring, and unlink it right there in fornt of them, and actually have them agrre, that it must have been an optical "delusion" since it is impossible for it to really happen... Smile

In addition to on the street, I do it whenever I can, even at magic meetings, and even blow away the magi who know how it is done.

Love them rings!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Rings are great. I really like my rope routine because I've got lines for every part of it and it plays well and gets lots of laughs.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2005-11-30 11:06, BroDavid wrote:
RINGS! RINGS! RINGS!

I love the Rings, doing a modified version of Chris Capehart's 3 ring, in your face Ring routine.

On the Street, you can get a whole lot of people involved, and I love to tell them how impossible it is, link them, spin the ring, and unlink it right there in fornt of them, and actually have them agrre, that it must have been an optical "delusion" since it is impossible for it to really happen... Smile

In addition to on the street, I do it whenever I can, even at magic meetings, and even blow away the magi who know how it is done.

Love them rings!

BroDavid

Agreed!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
Quote:
On 2005-11-30 11:06, BroDavid wrote:
RINGS! RINGS! RINGS!

Love them rings!

BroDavid

That routine is amazing. I met Chris at the 2005 TAOM Convention. Great magician and his lecture told you everything about street magic and making money. Anyways, I agree with that being one of the best routines.
Touchstone
View Profile
New user
Belgium
37 Posts

Profile of Touchstone
I prefer swallowing a balloon and end with a mouth coil.
Great reaction!
Swallowing fire is great too!
Zack
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Zack
Rings are great! They are BIG and make lots of NOISE...good for getting a crowd. I use Whit Hayden's routine, and I love it!

I don't do it but STRAIGHTJACKET is another alltime street favorite. Makes lots of money.

ROPE is great too, once again its BIG.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Im performing tonight at 1 of our citys biggest Street festivals-the 4th in 3 weeks-Im hired by the council etc

Ill use a table tonight so will be a static show rather than walking etc-most performances go 10-15 mins but I can reset vey fast

I am using- $20 Bill Switch

-20th Century Silks or Bra version depending on the crowd at the time!

Diminishing cards-always gets me a good reaction-Dont know why!

Razorblades- appeals to the under 25s!!!!!

Linking Rings-old faithful!!

as well as TT wIith colour change silks & Invisible deck & card effects at the table to attract a crowd then finish with the larger effects

I mix & match effects as to the type of crowd at the time

Ive found through crowd reaction & experience that the above all work well even though some other performers might consider them average effects !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Favorite street trick,besides cups and balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL