The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Chuck Jones & James Dimmare Festival of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1670 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Chuck jones & co with James Dimmare here in New Zealand with the

World Festival of Magic tour

This year absolutely brilliant-Slick,Professional,Polished 2 hr show-Great Illusions mixed with audience interaction & highlighted by James Dimmare with a beautiful act of Doves,canes & productions assisted by beautiful assistant Cici

Also supported by Brilliant german Juggler Jeton-again class & a very polished hilarious act!!

World class show-enjoyed by huge crowds -3 shows a day!!

Magic & entertainment at its best!!
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
New Zealand
798 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
I think Chuck Jones is one the best illuionists out there. He has been doing these tours for many years and way back 'when' I 'cut my teeth' touring with Chuck around Australia and New Zealand with the show, and it was the most valuable learning experience of my entire peforming career. I toured with so many of the top names in magic on these tours, for a young guy developing an act I couldn't have had any better training. To this day I will always be thankful to the producer of the show and to Chuck and all those people I toured with, they were so open and kind in their advice, it shaped my act as it is today.
Paul
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://extrememagicmakeover.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1670 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2005-11-27 14:23, comedy wrote:
I think Chuck Jones is one the best illuionists out there. He has been doing these tours for many years and way back 'when' I 'cut my teeth' touring with Chuck around Australia and New Zealand with the show, and it was the most valuable learning experience of my entire peforming career. I toured with so many of the top names in magic on these tours, for a young guy developing an act I couldn't have had any better training. To this day I will always be thankful to the producer of the show and to Chuck and all those people I toured with, they were so open and kind in their advice, it shaped my act as it is today.
Paul

Wow-Thanks Paul for that insight into your career!!

This years show by Chuck etc was definetly right up there with the best Ive seen in many years!-Support acts were amazing!

For those that don't know Paul is one of the worlds best Charlie Chaplin impersonaters & travels the world with this fabulous act including Magic /Illusion & music on Cruise ships etc

Cheers
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
New Zealand
798 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
Hi Brent
Appreciate your kind words. Can you recall what Chuck did in the show? Would be interested to know what illusions he is performing these days. One of the things I enjoyed about his show was the originality of his material. Nothing was 'standard' and everything had the "Jone" twist to it - or 'mismade' twist:))
Paul
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://extrememagicmakeover.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1670 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2005-12-01 22:00, comedy wrote:
Hi Brent
Appreciate your kind words. Can you recall what Chuck did in the show? Would be interested to know what illusions he is performing these days. One of the things I enjoyed about his show was the originality of his material. Nothing was 'standard' and everything had the "Jone" twist to it - or 'mismade' twist:))
Paul

Quick run down from memory-
Fast opening routines with chuck appearing between cloth folds held by 2 assistants, Crystal Box Illusion,Dove from Balloons etc,Mismade Girl Illusion, Squash Illusion - assistants head & feet meet while standing , Sawing a girl in half while tied to 2 audience members, Shadow box Illusion where Chuck appears at back of auditorium blowing whistle etc

James Dimmare & Jeton then performed

Losander floating table with audience member., Spike table with girl from audience, Destroy a boys shoe comedy routine etc, Levitations, Starwars type effect with body switch & fluro tubes through performer -finale

There were a few more but Ill work them out later!!!

Good entertaining show & support acts-Give s people a chance to see proper magic can be used for a venue & also realise that not all magicians wear a clown suit & perform for kids!!

Good luck with your shows Paul-Hopefully catch up next year at the NZ Magic convention if your schedule allows
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Chuck Jones & James Dimmare Festival of Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL