The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fantasio candles: more info (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Pablo Leal
View Profile
Regular user
Chile
187 Posts

Profile of Pablo Leal
I've just bought two disappearing and one appearing Fantasio candles and the book made by him. I would like to know how to follow. How should I practice? Should I start thinking about rutines ideas? Are there any videos (hopefuly DVDs) were I can learn more about them? How can I structure my own rutines with them? Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Pablo
"The one that seeks for the truth takes the chance to find it". Isabel Allende

www.magopabloleal.com
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
I think Michael P Lair made a video for the candles. not sure if he has a website. Hope that helps
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Pablo Leal
View Profile
Regular user
Chile
187 Posts

Profile of Pablo Leal
Thanks, I'll check that out.

Pablo

www.magopabloleal.com
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Michaels video regarding the Fantasio candles is a great resource. The only source I've ever gotten- because I think that any other source would just be a review. So much is on this tape. I am personally, 'more for' books, but this video gets my vote. Check out Michaels other products as well- all are worth an interest.

best regards,
Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
lair
View Profile
New user
Michael P. Lair
43 Posts

Profile of lair
Thanks for the interest in Candles! and the kind words! None of it would be possible without the highest kudos to Fantasio, my mentor and good friend. Also, I appreciate the kind words by those who have watched the video. Stay tuned...the DVD master has been created, and the DVD version of Candles! will be released in the near future. I love candle magic...been doing it since I was 13...I should have waited until I was 18, but I didn't know any better. It's fun. Fantasio has so many clever ideas with his candles, too. It's been a truly fun journey in this business.
Michael Lair
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Michael
Please let us know when the DVD hits the market.
Daniel Faith
lair
View Profile
New user
Michael P. Lair
43 Posts

Profile of lair
Daniel,
I will let you know...hopefully, in 1-2 months it will be released. It is so much better being able to click on which effect you want to learn, instead of fast forwarding and rewinding all the time. We redesigned the cover, too...much cooler! Yes, I'll let you know when they are ready.
Thanks again, for the interest.
Michael Lair
sethman
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of sethman
I saw Lance Burton on TV a long time ago and he has a nice candle routine. If you can, you might want to try and check that out.
Pablo Leal
View Profile
Regular user
Chile
187 Posts

Profile of Pablo Leal
Thanks seth, I've had actually and I admire his work a lot. I own his two TV specials (at least the ones I know of) and I've watched his rutines thousands of times. They are trully incredible.

Cheers

www.magopabloleal.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22057 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Fantasio has or had several video (tape) out on his products. This is the 1st source I would look at. Email him to see if they are still available.

Practice is needed to learn to hang onto the candle while it vanishes. The best vanish is the visible candle to silk transformation.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
WMHEGBLI,

I agree with you. The candle to silk is an awesome effect. I used to use it twice in my act, but found that Richard Hughes has a cool effect where you vanish the candle- and instead of th silk, a rose appears. very nicely made quality prop. If you're serious about this effect, or want to take a look at it, check out his site. Lots and lots of awesome things there. Even has a demo of most of the tricks he sells in his shop. Definitely worth taking a look at.

Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Fantasio has indeed at least 2 video tapes out that I know of. Each were lectures filmed at the magic castle. Both are great resources as he teaches a lot about the most frequently asked questions as well as different methods, techniques, how to care for them, etc. He also has a book out that covers off on a lot of information. I hope this is of help to you.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Pablo Leal
View Profile
Regular user
Chile
187 Posts

Profile of Pablo Leal
Thanks Bill and Kyle, I'll surely hold to your advices.

Cheers

www.magopabloleal.com
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Not a problem at all. It was my pleasure. Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
lair
View Profile
New user
Michael P. Lair
43 Posts

Profile of lair
Candles! was recently released on DVD. You should be able to get it from your favorite dealer now. Enjoy.
Michael Lair
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Thanks for the reminder Michael.

I guess those interested could do a search but why not list dealers carrying the DVD?

Again thanks.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
I bought the Candles DVD from Hocus-Pocus. It was listed as Video but when it arrived it was DVD!
lair
View Profile
New user
Michael P. Lair
43 Posts

Profile of lair
I'm not sure which dealers currently carry the Candles! DVD. It was mentioned that Hocus Pocus has it, and they are an excellent company. I authored the DVD, and Murphy's Magic Supplies owns it, and it just appeared at Murphy's website, for sale to dealers only. I'm not sure which dealers have purchased it from Murphy's, for resale to the public. The cover art looks great. You can now get to your candle effects quite easily.
Michael Lair
Pablo Leal
View Profile
Regular user
Chile
187 Posts

Profile of Pablo Leal
Thanks for the news Michael, by the comments above I can tell your DVD must be very good. I'm gathering some money to buy it already as well as Fantasio' video, so it won't be long till I can watch your teachings.

Thanks again
Pablo

www.magopabloleal.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fantasio candles: more info (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL