The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Levitation. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
830 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
I want to build a levitation for a haunted house. The idea is that a girl will float up out of bed, ala The Exorcist. I want an actual levitation, not a suspension. Becasue it is to be located in a haunted house, rather than on stage, it must be quick and easy to reset and be able to operate many times in a given
evening. Can anyone suggest plans that might put me on the right track?

Thanks,

Dave
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I think the easiest, most basic setup might be something as simple as a see-saw type setup. Build a cradle for the girl, position her in front of some sort of "bedroom wall" facade, and place the lever and operator behind the wall. Nothin could be easier or reset more quickly than pushing the lever down to raise her, and slowly release it to lower her. Bedclothes and bedding could very easily hide the gimmick.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Dave,

You might want to check out the Multi-Purpose Levitiation. It can be found HERE:

http://www.levitationillusion.com

Best,

Chris.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6046 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Yes, I do think the Multi Purpose Levitation would fit the bill.
Dennis Michael
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5274 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Dave, You could take a page out of Grant’s booklet and go very low Teck. Grant simply built a teeter-totter setup it used a sawhorse as the fulcrum point and was primitive to say the least. It will have a couple of bad angles but it could be made to work.

However, all the research and development has been done for you and a superior product built. That is, the Multi-Purpose Levitation that Dennis builds and sells. I have played with and even have been levitated by it. You can’t go wrong. It is safe (very important), portable, durable, and has quite the lift (several feet!). Further it is easy to use, easy to move/transport, and easy to perform! I cannot say enough good things about this utility!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
830 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Thanks guys. I had thought of the see-saw type arrangement, but was looking at other options for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that the operator would be very tired by the end of the night. I have sent for more information on the multi-purpose levitation. Perhaps it will, indeed, fit the bill.

Dave
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
Who says the operator of the see saw has to be human a simple on off switch and a motor threaded rod to move the switchs or the piece to hit the switch catch my drift?
all the best John
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
And it can be even triggerd by a sensor when someone is approaching ... sounds complicated but very easy and inexpensive.. have fun
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3395 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Even simplier: have the girl under the sheets and have her lift up two fake legs with feet attached, like the old Vaudville gag.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Levitation. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL