The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » SPIDER TRICK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rhpeltz
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of rhpeltz
I saw Lance Burton preform a trick where a spider ends up on the underside of a spectators hand. Does anyone know where to get it? Thanks
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Jim Pace's "The Web".
http://www.whiterabbitmagic.net/
Visit his ebay shop or
most magic shops carry it.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok since we solved that crisis, Here is another question so we don't start a new thread. Now for those who carry the web. Where do we place our little buddy to avoid lint on any part of it. Oh here to make it a little harder. No I'm out of pocket room for an altoid or sucret can. And I don't wear a coat.
John Martin
View Profile
Special user
994 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Just keep it stuck to the back of one of the cards until needed. It's an easy matter to peel it off and keep it concealed until you do the transfer.

Best,

John
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I use to do that but then I found that sometimes the heat in my pocket would leave a sticky residue from the adhesive, and made it harder to flustration count.
John Martin
View Profile
Special user
994 Posts

Profile of John Martin
I'm not sure what adhesive they sell it with now, but I have found bluetak(sp?) to be the best. It sticks to just about anything and doesn't leave a residue, certainly nothing that couldn't be removed with a quick pass of the finger.
Hope this helps.

John
RickThibau
View Profile
Loyal user
Brazil
252 Posts

Profile of RickThibau
Just something.
I'm a fan of Jim paice´s The Web.

Is one of the effects I will always do.
My idea..
I call this "the Web Of Sabbath"
I wont say all the lines, but I do with the "web "cards that came with the black tiger gaffed deck.

There is one web card and one web with a red spider car. I take 3 blank (black in this case) cards.

With FC I show 5 webs.
after story I do FC showing 5 spiders.
doing colour changes 9one different from the other, one at a time) I make the spiders disapear from the cards leaving just the web.
in the last one the spider is already missing, so I ask spectator to help me.

that´s it, the missing parts you can imagine. I also use 2 spiders if I have the oportunity.
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Fans of Jim Pace's "The Web" will be happy to hear that his new FEAR FACTOR Version, where a voluptuous blond in a bikini EATS the spider is coming out in Spring.

Rob
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
I am sure magic shops everywhere will have it.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2005-11-30 04:18, Magic Spank wrote:
Fans of Jim Pace's "The Web" will be happy to hear that his new FEAR FACTOR Version, where a voluptuous blond in a bikini EATS the spider is coming out in Spring.

Rob

Have not heard about this. Can you provide more info or a more in depth link or explanation? As far as Black tiger decks. I did not know they had web cards. Might have to give that a look..
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2113 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Paisa, the Web cards are found in the Black Tiger Gaff Deck. Sadly, they didn't include them in the new Ghost Gaff.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I would much like them in the Ghost deck. I don't own either... I just carry them in a half packet wallet and I carry the little guy in my wife's wedding ring box.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
The web is a great effect .. good responses from people.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Rob,
Does the "voluptuous blond in a bikini" come with the effect? Or must you supply your own?
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
The only problem I see with The Web is that some people will shake their hand so violently the you could lose the little guy. Yes, I eventually found him. Smile
Need more of those little fellers.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Jaz I agree with you. everytime I do it I play the find it game. It is annoying at times especially when you are doing it in a dark area like a Club or Bar.
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Quote:
On 2006-01-10 16:48, Jaz wrote:
The only problem I see with The Web is that some people will shake their hand so violently the you could lose the little guy. Yes, I eventually found him. Smile
Need more of those little fellers.

I buy a bunch of little spider when halloween time comes and go to Jo-Ann or craftstore and buy a bag of black pompom. Then you have a life time of supply of spiders.
mr_e_uss
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of mr_e_uss
For those of you who play "find the little guy" after the shock wears off, you might consider attaching one end of a rather long thread to it, and the other end to a button or safety pin. Then you can just pull it back.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » SPIDER TRICK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL