The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kennedy's Tell tale Factor (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
I have finally got round to posting my thoughts on this. Kennedy is a friend of mine however I strongly believe that this routine is useable, practical and effective.

As someone who tends not to use cards in mentalism, I adapted the presentation to tarot cards with quite a dark script and a pseudo-induction the whole thing comes together nicely.

I do believe that anyone who buys it needs to write their own scripts as Kennedy mentions and also to adapt it to themselves as performers as well as individual performances.

Also with a small amount of work on scripting you can remove any possibility of the spectators backtracking the effect which means it can be used close-up. See Kennedys thoughts on this issue for his two way telepathy routine "Open Transmission" as published in Thoughts So Far...

I have found this routine useable already just in social situations and will continue to do so in more formal situations.

Best wishes,
TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Ah Temple, so you bought it! Hehe Smile only kidding mate. pleased yo enjoyed it. I always use the "no backtracking" from Open Transmission with this too.
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
742 Posts

Profile of Roki
Is this no backtracking explained in Tell Tale factor or is it necessary to purchase Thoughts so far aswell if you want to perform close up . I had understood that TTF principle could be used close up , with some adaptions .
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
It can be used close-up without having to spend money on Thoughts So Far. I just like to add the extra depths to it that are explained in "Open Transmission". I do however strongly recommend you get Thoughts So Far. Not just because it was written by a good friend of mine but because it is a great book with so many routines, principles and extra convincers that can be used with any routine. An example is this backtracking thing from Open Transmission.

However if you buy Tell Tale Factor it can be done close-up if you think it through a little bit.

Enjoy...
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
742 Posts

Profile of Roki
Thankyou Robert ,
I will think it through , I like to think ! I really enjoy new ideas too . I guess I have to much time to think about it while waiting for it to cross the pond . If it is as good as I am expecting I will probably get TSF as it was on my list anyway .
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Just finished to read Tell-Tale Factor. I hope because thisis my first post here some of you don't think my opinion is less valid than others. Everyone has had his first post at the start, right?

While I appreciate the idea and the thinking behind TTF I think that the whole concept is a little bit overrated. Nothing new under the sun for me, really. I'm not surprised that Kenton Knepper has endorsed something like that since TTF is very close to Knepper's thinking but Knepper's thinking is not always practical. Do not get me wrong, there are some booklets by Knepper which are brilliant but there are also some pipe dreams a la Al Mann.

I simply happen to think that TTF is not that good.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Hi
I ordered and paid for this on November the 11th
I'm still waiting for delivery
Cheers
TJ
:)
suhbreal
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh, PA
87 Posts

Profile of suhbreal
Haven't recieved mine either. I know it's out of Kennedy's hands but has anyone here ever had problems with Cafépress? never ordered anything through there before. haven't gotten any responses to the emails I've sent them either.
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
I've had no problems with CaféPress and speady delivery on both of Kennedy's books. Why not call them? The number is on their main page.
suhbreal
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh, PA
87 Posts

Profile of suhbreal
Thanks Fred! I think you just made me realize that I spend far too much time in front of the computer. honestly, the idea of using the telephone never even occurred to me Smile I want to quit my job all of a sudden. ugh! thanks for the epiphany.
Bennettjc
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
257 Posts

Profile of Bennettjc
Mariagi:

Welcome to the board and thanks for your honest and sincere review. I feel less bad about not being able to purchase this limited edition.

Bennett
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2006-01-13 12:43, Fred Berthelot wrote:
I've had no problems with CaféPress and speady delivery on both of Kennedy's books. Why not call them? The number is on their main page.

Hi
It is very expensive to ring USA from the UK
Ihave sent them 2 emails
Any other suggestions?
Cheers
TJ
:)
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
742 Posts

Profile of Roki
I am still waiting also .
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Hi.

Just want to give everyone my apologies for the wait. As you know the orders are out of my hands as they are solely processed by Cafépress.

I have emailed them myself regarding the problems and am waiting for a reply.

Thanks for your patience and support, I'll keep you informed.

Kindest,
Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Sam Haine
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
159 Posts

Profile of Sam Haine
Greetings,

I recently purchased this booklet on the recommendation of a good friend. After a second try, CaféPress delivered the Tell Tale Factor. I found it to be a useful principle that can be applied in a variety of situations. My only "issue" is the grammar/English/typos. While the ease of self-publishing has made it easier to get good material out there, it would be nice if care were put into the content as well.

That said, the principle and scripts provided are very good. I am sure I'll incorporate this idea into my larger shows.

Sincerely,
Sam Haine
Magical entertainment for charities www.sam-haine.com
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
305 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
I think this outlet is incredibly potent and versatile.

I’ll also be honest, as I’m glad that there are people who don’t like the Tell Tale Factor.

It makes me smile when I see others shy away from it, as it only proves to make my personal use of it even more exclusive.

For that, I am grateful.

Beyond myself, I’m curious as to who has actually has tried this?

-Brandon
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of mdspark
You mean you havent?
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
305 Posts

Mdspark,

Perhaps I wasn’t clear.

I have performed this. I do think I was one of the first to actually try it out after its release. Or at least, one of the first to acknowledge my doing so.

I have a lengthy review of it in another thread, of which, details how I have used it with great impact. It was my first attempt no less.

With that said, I'll ask it again.

Anyone else performing this?

I hope that clears things up.

-Brandon
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
305 Posts

I suspect that the crickets I hear must indicate a "no."

I figured as much.

-Brandon
Joe Xavier
View Profile
Regular user
Borneo Islands
149 Posts

Profile of Joe Xavier
I have attempted this but I had a few slight problems in getting the message across. English ain't the national language or dialect here so I'm coming up with my own version which will immediately be understood by the people here.

Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kennedy's Tell tale Factor (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL