The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Any news about Sigma? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Can someone tell me if Sigma is out?
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Whats that?
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
I have emailed Paolo several times, but have not heard anything definite! I am eagerly awaiting both "Sigma" and "YOBRAWIHU"!
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
"Sigma" is the sequel to "Upsilon" & "Omicron." All are e-books with limited availability. The earlier two are not currently available, but may be again when "Sigma" is released (or so I have been told).
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
I also had Paolo Cavalli old address but maybe it's not valid anymore? Zgecko how do you know Upsilon and Omicron will be re-released. I thought they were not. Anyway,now I'm looking for Sigma.Anyone here has had a preview of the contents and is willing to share on the cafè?
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
My memory is a little hazy, but I think I received an email from Paolo saying that the first two e-books might again be available when he released "Sigma." (I tried belatedly to purchase these from him.)

I'm not aware of anyone having received a preview of "Sigma."
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Quote:
On 2005-11-28 18:33, zgecko wrote:
My memory is a little hazy, but I think I received an email from Paolo saying that the first two e-books might again be available when he released "Sigma." (I tried belatedly to purchase these from him.)

I'm not aware of anyone having received a preview of "Sigma."

Hmmm I remembered that he promised not to re-release those 2 ebooks, but I guess if that's true, I wont really believe ever again when he says about limited ed stuff. Its all going to be marketing to make people pay 50 bucks for an ebook.

Hopefully he keeps to the exclusiveness of his items.

cheers!
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
I strongly disagree Cloudsss. In theory you are right but in practical terms it's not as simple as you make it.

Everyone know that Bob Cassidy is a master at that. Selling pricey ebooks promising they are exclusive editions only to see those same "exclusive" editions reappear on his website every few months ON SALE AGAIN.

But while I don't fully excuse that attitude that most mentalists, unknown AND top names, seem to have when it comes to the marketing "honesty", I also came to think that piracy has a big responsibility for that.

Where's the sense in letting only 50 copies or so sold by the author if then anyone willing to browse through kazaa or e-mule can download all the EXCLUSIVE ebooks he wants, for free.

So if Paolo Cavalli, Bob Cassidy and many others decide to sell those ebooks again instead of letting people swap their products for free around the web, who's to say they are wrong? And if by doing that they make some additional bucks,so what?

After all you must consider that those ebooks are their "intellectual property" and if someone has to make an extra buck out of those books, it's only right they are the ones making it rather than leaving free space to the many pirated copies.
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Paolo, please let us know when we can expect "Sigma" and "YOBRAWIHU." Thank you!
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Quote:
On 2005-11-29 12:35, PsiDroid wrote:
I strongly disagree Cloudsss. In theory you are right but in practical terms it's not as simple as you make it.

Everyone know that Bob Cassidy is a master at that. Selling pricey ebooks promising they are exclusive editions only to see those same "exclusive" editions reappear on his website every few months ON SALE AGAIN.

But while I don't fully excuse that attitude that most mentalists, unknown AND top names, seem to have when it comes to the marketing "honesty", I also came to think that piracy has a big responsibility for that.

Where's the sense in letting only 50 copies or so sold by the author if then anyone willing to browse through kazaa or e-mule can download all the EXCLUSIVE ebooks he wants, for free.

So if Paolo Cavalli, Bob Cassidy and many others decide to sell those ebooks again instead of letting people swap their products for free around the web, who's to say they are wrong? And if by doing that they make some additional bucks,so what?

After all you must consider that those ebooks are their "intellectual property" and if someone has to make an extra buck out of those books, it's only right they are the ones making it rather than leaving free space to the many pirated copies.

Anyone releaseing an ebook has to see this possibility of unethical people trying to make a fast buck with it. So why start with so called limited ed and will not be reproduced for sale again? Studies have shown that books that are listed as limited ed always sells better than those that are not.

I believe that the producers know about piracy when releasing the books. Even hard covered books can be photocopied if pirates want. So in other words, all books and eboks should not be limited ed so that instead of letting pirates earn, they should all earn themselves? is this wat you are saying?

I still believe that its in the marketing. Anyway, that's justr me esp since I spent 50 bucks on the ebook for its exclusiveness and do wanna do stuff that not many people know. If it were not exclusive, I doubt I would have spent that amount on an ebook which is not physically available as with books.

PEACE OUT
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2005-12-01 23:41, ClouDsss wrote:
I still believe that its in the marketing. Anyway, that's justr me esp since I spent 50 bucks on the ebook for its exclusiveness and do wanna do stuff that not many people know. If it were not exclusive, I doubt I would have spent that amount on an ebook which is not physically available as with books.

PEACE OUT

Cloudsss I understand you paid for that book (I also paid for that book) but physically available or not was not the point of your complaining to begin with, right?

Once again,I paid for the book as you did,however probably I am simply more tolerant than you are toward all that "exclusiveness" thing for the reasons I've detailed on my above post(no need to repeat myself here).

PEACE OUT
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Guys, THANK YOU for your interest in my NEW book...

Please, anyone interested in SIGMA, kindly look up this link for a detailed description

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=159#0
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
You can certainly put me down for a copy old friend.

BTW, I sent you an email. Keep in touch.

Sam
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Paolo's description of "Sigma" has now...vanished...from the Forum! What happened?
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I am sure a review will be posted on it soon.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2005-12-05 13:58, zgecko wrote:
Paolo's description of "Sigma" has now...vanished...from the Forum! What happened?

Moderators told me that it was self-advertizing (and of course it was since I was offering a detailed description of the contents of my book) and as such apparently *I* have violated some rule of the Cafè; so my post was deleted.

But,as you may see, at least Samuel Catoe has posted his review of the book, here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......10&4
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
I received a free preview of Sigma. I partially agree with Mr.Catoe about the effects using equivoque. But not all effects require equivoque as part of the method or as the method.

One of the effects I like the most is Planet Earth a strong version of outofthisworld with a regular deck that can be shuffled freely,no switch of piles at any point during the routine,a prediction that shows your mindcontrol skills.
E Wave is another one I really LIKE. It's easy and fast and the climax with the aces avoid people knowing about blank cards.
The booktest is so ingenious but is for performers who have real b**ls.
The spirit writing features a sneaky use of the OTL to avoid people suspect switches of cards.
The E.C.P. principle is something I would like to try soon but I need the "right people" with me(if you get the book you know what I'm saying)
There is a great number of other routines and other clever ideas which can be applied to other effects you probably know already.

I will try Planet Earth tomorrow.I can't wait.
A very good book packed with usable stuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Any news about Sigma? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL