The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Secret of Protocols revealed!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..17~18~19 [Next]
David de Leon
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
418 Posts

Profile of David de Leon
Thanks for the recommendation pkg! I have been curious about Coehlo and your comments on this thread provide me with a reason to read him now, rather than later. I shall get a copy of the book you suggested. As my copy of The Protocols should also be arriving soon I’ll have the chance to enjoy reading both and seeking out the parallels alluded to.
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
My pleasure! hope you will enjoy it! (both in this case!)
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I wonder how many people are buying it just because it says Max Maven signed it
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
228 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
Threads are deleted because some people aren't respected here. You can spend a lot of time carefully writing a post and with a few clicks, it's gone.
mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
Although I do not own, and am unlikely to own this book, I feel driven to add my own proclamations of outrage and dissent to this thread! The book is clearly a waste of money, an outrage, offensive, impractical, cannot be performed surrounded, uses threads, wires, magnets, levers, stooges, pre-show work, black art, blue screens, Industrial Light And Magic and does NOT work well in a "street" environment!

This book is derivative as books have PLAINLY been written using the VERY SAME letters and punctuation. The author clearly made what minimal changes were required in order to present it as a 'new' and 'innovative' book. For that matter, books have been around for CENTURIES. Couldn't he have come up with a new medium for transmitting his ideas in a durable format?

I'm also almost totally CERTAIN (as certain as I can be with no research or motivation to perform same) that Harlan Tarbell used the word "of" in the EXACT same way back in the 20's. Or was it 30's? Or was he in HIS 30's when he used it? He was riding the #30 bus when he used it! Doesn't matter! It's still WRONG WRONG WRONG.

That being said, can anyone send me a copy for review?
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2005-12-07 07:36, Christopher Williams wrote:

That would have only been a motivating factor had it been in blood.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Mplegare, now now now calm down...He used a "SMART" approach...is it something new to the magic community? YES IT IS! NEVER anything like that has been released.

whether we like it or not, it's a smart "legal" approach (no false advertising). you cant even classify the book in the know categories (ie, mentalism/sleights/coin/card/performance tips/marketing...)

that's why most are disappointed. Ellusionist pull succesful marketing stunts, and maven unfortunately did the same as ellusionist. (i will leave it for you guys to interpert the context of "unfortunately" here)

buy a coelho book (or even a copy of the bible) it will help you a lot more and it has STORIES that can teach you, and your brain wont go DEAD on just one subject over and over and over and over and over and over...ok ok you get the point
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
bonedaddi
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of bonedaddi
Mr. PKG,

just curious, but what makes you think most people are disappointed with 'Protocols'?

Kindly

Bonedaddi
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Quote:
On 2005-12-07 14:46, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-12-07 07:36, Christopher Williams wrote:

That would have only been a motivating factor had it been in blood.

Why would blood make it a more motivating factor? I though most autographed books have a surge in value only after the author is no longer walking the earth?
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
More appropriate would have been a signature in drool.
Drool and suckers.

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare

*laments the death of irony*

:D
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
curt
View Profile
New user
Rockville, MD
13 Posts

Profile of curt
This book merely confirms something which I have known for years. But it does this in a beautiful way, and it is thus a book I am happy to have in my collection.

......curt (owner of copy 321)
bonedaddi
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of bonedaddi
I ask again; why was the original post locked and deleted?

kindly

bonedaddi
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
It finally arrived.

I have mixed emotions about this book. It's a big disappointment and somewhat brilliant at the same time.

All in all, the secret was of no use to me.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
A copy just sold on eBay for $445 US.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
I just picked up a nice 1920's Houdini piece for $300. I don't think 3 exist anywhere. I'll stick with Harry, BUT if you want the Protocol book, find an early(pre-1926)Houdini piece. I probably can do 10 trades. Thanks.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
You know what post I'm waiting for? You can hear it coming:

"I'm very interested in Protocols, but I don't learn well from books. Where can I buy the DVD?

Is there a clip anywhere?"
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Kephri
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm Sweden
196 Posts

Profile of Kephri
That's easy I'd just recommend a DVD with Hamlet by Shakespear...Smile Smile Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2005-12-13 16:27, Curtis Kam wrote:

"I'm very interested in Protocols, but I don't learn well from books. Where can I buy the DVD?

Followed by: "I bought the DVD... which sections do you recommend I watch because I don't want to waste my time watching the whole DVD."

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Quote:
On 2005-12-13 16:27, Curtis Kam wrote:

You really crack me up Smile Thanks!

A DVD of that book would have over 200++ selections and each selection showing one part of the secret. That would really be extensive. What is a suitable duration for each selection?

Cheers!!
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Secret of Protocols revealed!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL