The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbits, doves safety issue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

andolini
View Profile
New user
norwood,ma
75 Posts

Profile of andolini
With all the hoopla over bird flu just wondering if parents are hesitant to have performers producing live animals that may or may not be touched by children. Have a nice day.
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
It has never been an issue and to date still isn't for us. I think most people realize that there is far more hype than danger involved.

All the best,

Rob
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
No issues here...yet.
Daniel Faith
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Haven't had the problem yet. I have had some people mention it, but if you keep your doves and animals updated at the vet, just carry along with you the "clean bill of health" and it will eliminate any questions. RJE is right though - it's more hype here in the states than anything else right now. (The news needs something to talk about.)
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
As a matter of fact, in my experience, using live animals sometimes turns out to be an easy applause-getter. (and that is kind of an unfortunate thing when used as a crutch). But this also means that most people instantly love it. Parents included.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Just did shows in DC and folks who knew I just flew in from Germany asked if I brought the birds with me from Europe. (I am out here in Europe about 6 months out of the year.) I actually borrowed birds from a fantastic magician in DC. So there is a bit of concern.

Here in Germany I am required by law to keep them in an enclosed environment since the outbreaks of bird flu. They actually live in my magic studio aviary and have never lived outside.

So people are *thinking* about the bird issues, but so far it seems not to me such a problem. I will let you know how my upcoming European shows go regarding bird flu phobia.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
We get a lot of questions about this for two reasons:

1. Lucy and I both do stage dove magic

but especially because

2. Lucy is also a physician.

It has only contributed conversation so far. Lucy is not convinced that there is creditable proof that this is in fact transmitted from humans to humans. There have been other vehicles for transmission. Bird to bird transmission is not the same as bird to human transmission nor is it human to others transmission.

Life is full of surprises. Magic is too!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbits, doves safety issue (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL