The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best coin trick i'v ever saw! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Pinto2
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Pinto2
I was on magicvideodepot.com and I saw what I think was the best coin magic ever. The slieghts were preformed perfectly and left me wanting more. If possible, could somone direct me to a book, dvd (preferably), or other source where I could learn the handling used in thir routine. Heres the link, http://magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=1793
Thanks
PS, you need to be a member of the site, but it's free and I highly recommend it.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
I love his stuff, I use his invisible aces that I learned on a website. hes great
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Maybe if you try to send him a p.m. at the magicvideodepot,he can point you in the right direction. After all it is HIS routine that intrigued you right!

Pinto2, to answer your question, Troy Hooser has similiar works. that's one guy he made a reference to.
acehigher
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of acehigher
WOW
novice
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of novice
That man is unbelievable, his name is Arnaud Chevrier, I saw all his movies that are available and his card and coin handling is on of the best I ever saw.
DAMDAM
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DAMDAM
WOW!!! This guy is awesome with coins. I'm going have to check out his other videos on that site..... and practice some more.....
Andrei
View Profile
Veteran user
Romania
353 Posts

Profile of Andrei
It's very interesting that most of his effects (on MVD) tell stories without words, which is a real lesson about patter.

Andrei
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Cant get it to open. AARRGGHH!!!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Yea, that guy dooesn't play around.

It's great stuff. Plus, don't you just love the sound of the coins? Are they dollars? They don't look like halves.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
To learn a great bit of the work on that type of magic, read or watch Troy Hooser's "exTROYdinary" for the 3 coin production/vanish/reproduction sequence. One thing I thought looked very nice was Arnaud's vanish of the last coin. The into the pocket sequences essentially faciltate getting an extra coin or ditching a gimmick. The fingertip coins across is most commonly known as "3 Fly" where you can find in many places now. It was originally printed in Chris Kenner's "Totally Out of Control" book as well as part of Gary Kurtz' "Trio" routine in his book "Unexplainable Acts". Both routines were inspired by Jon Townsend's unpublished coins across routine.
Click to visit:
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
Mmmm, I posted a response quite similar to Dans a this morning (in holland, about ten hours ago). It vanished magically....There were some people fighting over here about what is stealing and what not, but my post had nothing to do with that.
I pointed the orignal poster to 'Éxtroydinairy', crowded coins (paul wilson) and Trio by Gary Kurtz.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I liked it when he vanished that third coin, almost with a gesture. Smile

At a guess, Gary Kurtz picked up on the Ramsay style coin material from the same place as I did, Geoff Latta via David Roth. Geoff had invented his French Pop by 1977. By the late 1970s and early 1980s when Kurtz visited NYC... between Roth, Latta, yours truly and a few others, the "three handed" (Roth expression by the way) style was starting to catch on. As far as I know, the "one coin jump" exploration started with Slydini and was extended by David Roth. Geoff Latta had his own interpretation of the thing using a retention pass and a separate approach using his Ultimate HPC handling. My direct use of two coins for the thing was clumsy back in 76-77 but the groundwork was there and folks had seen it.

For more on the history of this style of conjuring, I direct the serious student to explore what was happening in billiards and thimbles back in the 1970s and before.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2005-11-29 15:00, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

That was my favorite thing too - I thought that looked great.
Click to visit:
Backdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Bismark, ND
117 Posts

Profile of Backdoor
Mine too. Now that's what I call a "Striking Vanish!" Definitely the next level of the thing. That 3rd vanish up front is sooooooo beautiful and instanteous! Still can't exactly figure what he did, as his show of his hands afterwards was absolutely perfect. That's why I love this stuff. After all these years, it's still amazing to me. Great Work! What a routine. Hey, what vanish is that???
-Only The Shadow Knows...Y'know?
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Backdoor, if it fooled you, do you really want to know? You might be dissapointed when you find out what it is Smile
Click to visit:
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2005-11-29 16:16, Dan Watkins wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-11-29 15:00, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

That was my favorite thing too - I thought that looked great.

My favorite part as well. It was very nicely done.
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
I remember when I first saw a dutch magician do this vanish, I was totally stunned. It looks so incredible. Chevrier excecutes this move wonderful as well.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2005-11-29 17:53, Simon Bakker wrote:
I remember when I first saw a dutch magician do this vanish, I was totally stunned.

Was the magician you saw Rune Klan? He has some amazing coin magic....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I'm glad that I had a chance to check that out -- very nice work!

Sixx
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
It wouldn't let me in either. Just signed up so maybe you have to wait for the confirmation email. It is frustratringtg.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best coin trick i'v ever saw! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL