The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Greatest Of All Time (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
KRESKIN. Almost everyone in the US still knows who he is and what miracles he performs. Hundreds of TV appearances over a long period of time...and still at it!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I'd just like to say that the initial post didn't specify whether or not the mentalist had to be one who invented new 'stuff'.

With this in mind I'd like to point out that I have seen a few guys 'perform' mentalism as good as if not better than many of the 'recognised' names.

Bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
On 2005-11-30 20:31, bobser wrote:
I'd just like to say that the initial post didn't specify whether or not the mentalist had to be one who invented new 'stuff'.

With this in mind I'd like to point out that I have seen a few guys 'perform' mentalism as good as if not better than many of the 'recognised' names.

Bobser

Who are they? You're right, the original post didn't say "innovators" or "originators."

Quote:
Who do you consider to be the Greatest Mentalist/MindReader/Psychic of all time?
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
As far as mentalists and psychics go, there are many greats... BUT...
As far as true mind manipulators go, the "greatest" title would have to belong to me. There are two reasons for this.
1. As a person who does not have two hands, it would be impossible for me to use cheap "magic" to perform my miracles.
2. At the conclusion of every mass hypnosis demonstration that I perform, I give a post-hypnotic suggestion that the people who hear my words will remember nothing about the experience. I do this, of course, so that I may live a normal life.
Those of you who think that you have never heard of me are the one's who best prove my point.
Peace,
Parson (The world's greatest hypnotist/mentalist/psychic/thought controller/ going back into obscurity) Smith

Btw, you will soon forget this post.
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
That's easy,in my opinion the Greatest of All Time is Par..Pa..P..P..P..p..p..all I remember is a haaaat..ZZZzzzz....
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2005-11-30 23:33, Parson Smith wrote:
Btw, you will soon forget this post.

What post?

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
hjelm
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden, Borlänge
112 Posts

Profile of hjelm
"Greatest of all time." For the audience or for mentalists?
For the audience in Sweden: Uri Geller. Kreskin is great in US. But in Sweden everyone know Uri Geller but not more than 100 people in the whole country knows Banachek, Kreskin, Dunninger or Osterlind.
For us mentalists? Annemann?
For me? Osterlind.
What can we learn? Well, maybe that your are nothing without publicity. And nowadays it is television. When Geller was on TV there were so few channels so a lot of people saw the same programmes. So I don't think there will be any more "Mentalist for the whole world", a person everyone talks about.
ChEeKy_MoNkEy
View Profile
Regular user
FCCL
149 Posts

Profile of ChEeKy_MoNkEy
My vote goes to Geller. A great showman. Even when he first started out, I don't think he really 'fooled' that many people with his spoon, fork bending routine. IMO his 'charisma' and 'showmanship' made people 'want' to believe.
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
After watching ALL of the Derren Brown specials and his TV show, I believe he owns the game right now. this guy is DEFINITELY doing it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Greatest Of All Time (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL