The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Jack Gwynne Trunk Illusion by Chavet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Hey everyone,

I was just admiring the looks of David Charvet's "Jack Gwynne Trunk Illusion"... I know David Charvet is on the Café; however, I wanted others pros and cons of this trunk. I would be using it for a subtrunk...

Can it be locked or is it secured by straps?

I have a Top-**** on my packing crate escape....how does this compare? I love the ATA style of it...as all the other Charvet pieces... is it aesthetically appeasing or is it a functional carry-all trunk?

Last- is there a diamond-plate trunk on the market much like this one? Just curious? (NOTE:I have seen David Cannon's... it's not what I was looking for!)

Thanks to all!
Bryan
Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
183 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
Bryan, Be aware that the Jack Gwynne Trunk works differently than a regular Sub. Trunk with a top ****. I had an original Gwynne trunk. I only used it on a few shows because of the method.
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Bill Blagg III
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Bill Blagg III
I bought a Gwynne Trunk from Charvet years ago. I had the effect in my show for about 3 years and was very pleased with it. I highly recommend it.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Why not write David and ask him straight up? I am sure that he will give you an honest answer.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
True True...

Bryan
Nell
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
265 Posts

Profile of Nell
I have one being built for me currently. I don't know many details yet as it's a Christmas gift from my father, but I know the craftsmanship on the Hospitality I ordered recently is beautiful. David is very helpful with any questions you may have, so don't hesitate to contact him.
"A trick may be very good...but...the illusionist must be better than the trick." -René Lavand
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
I had one for a while and it is great because it is smaller than most.
I too like the ATA look - it is more up to date. But the method is different and it won't support you standing on it if that's what you would like to do. Hope that helps.

B
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Thanks for the help everyone. Do you recommend anyone else for an ATA-style trunk that would support me (I am 175 lbs. and 6'-1") I like the idea of a top load but that is only because that is what I am familiar with...maybe a different method would be better?

Bryan
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
The trunk is built for David by Mark Evans who has made a number of things for me and the quality is wonderful
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Do you have a contact number or address for Mark? If so, please PM me...
Bryan
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Contact David if you want the trunk. If you need Mark for something else, I am sure David can help you.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Jack Gwynne Trunk Illusion by Chavet? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL