The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Dean Dill Injured (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Last night Dill was in an auto accident near Las Vegas and is in the hospital there with a broken pelvis. No other details, sorry, will update as I find out more.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Sorry to hear the news. Dean is a nice guy and a helluva magician. I wish him well in his recovery.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
That's awful. I hope he is doing allright and makes a full recovery. Send him our regards and well wishes.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
I hope he gets well soon.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Dean has broken ribs and cracked pelvis, his son had all teeth knocked out, broken nose and severed thumb tendon, wife broken cheek and black eye. Car totalled. Jamie Schoolcraft driving up to Las Vegas with his motorhome to take them back to L.A. as soon as Dr. Ok's travel (maybe tomorrow).

Pray
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I've been to his shop twice and both times he has invited me to stay and hangout, without knowing me at all. He is really a great guy.
jasonmagic
View Profile
New user
Jason Magic Productions (Martinsburg,WV)
64 Posts

Profile of jasonmagic
Man I hate to hear that. I am praying for a speedy recovery for his family ! GET WELL SOON DEAN!
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Dear friends,
My dear friend Dean Dill and his family were in a very bad car accident (almost killed). Dean is in a hospital in Las Vegas (they were on their way back to LA from Vegas). Dean's vehicle was T-boned by a Dodge Truck as Dean was trying to help another vehicle that had flipped and landed on its roof. Dean has some broken ribs, broken pelvis, and lacerations to his face. Denise (his wife) has a broken cheek bone and black and blue eyes. Jamie broke his nose and lost several teeth. Denise and Jamie have been released, but Dean has not. They are trying to stablize him so they can transport him to a hospital close to home.

That said, it will be some time before Dean will be back on his feet and working. In the meantime, the Dill family are subject to an enormous amount of financial hardship.
Given the pain and stress they are already enduring, I come to you, our Café family to ask for your help.

I realize that everyone is having their own set of financial matters to deal with, especially with the holidays and all.
That aside, I feel we still need to reach out and help not only someone I consider a close friend and a brother, but a fellow magician and entertainer who has given us all so very much. If you cannot give, perhaps a card or letter to let Dean and his family know you are thinking of them?
I would also ask and encourage each of you to keep the Dill family in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you. Smile

Those wishing to donate via PAYPAL can do so to:

intmiracle@deandill.com

Checks, money orders, cards and letters should be sent to:

DEAN DILL
2130 Fairpark Ave #110
Los Angeles, Ca.
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Thanks to Dean, I get to help myself - to be a better magician, and to be a better person. Wondering how? Read on...

For those of you that don't know Dean Dill, be assured that he is a wonderful guy on top of being a great magician, and a huge contributor to the betterment of Magic generally. It is people like Dean that give me hope that magicians won't always be second-class performers/citizens!

The work Dean has done, and the visibility that our art recieves as a result of Dean, are gifts to the community that go unacknowledged, generally. Yes, there are those few in our fraternity that have recognized Dean for his contributions, but generally he is not all that well-known.

If you think that a high profile, good public relations, strong magic, and classy haircuts(!) are fringe benefits that YOU, even third or fourth generation removed, enjoy, then now is the time to acknowledge and thank Dean for all his work on the behalf of Magic generally, and you, ultimately.

The trickle-down effect reaches all of us eventually. I know Dean has touched my life. So I'm saying thank-you through actions, not words - I'll support Dean by buying his products. If you purchase thru a dealer let them know WHY you are buying a Dean Dill product NOW! Ask the DEALERS to donate 10% (OR more!)of thier profit to Dean. If you have a Christmas list include something of Deans' now, don't wait until next year.

Deans' Box, Blizzard, etc. are things that you can give or get as gifts. And you getting them GIVES Dean the support he needs right now.

I'm suggesting this alternative to a straightforward gift for those of you who are uncomfortable giving money to someone you don't really know. The gift of giving is something you can't put a price on. I know that every time I help someone in a crisis the process helps ME! I sleep well, and I feel better. It is an incredibly selfish gift, if truth be told - I LIKE feeling good about myself. Thanks to Dean, I get to help myself - and man, do I need the help! (And, if I do it this way, by purchasing something from Dean, I get some great magic at the same time...)

Don't think about this, (it is a NO-BRAINER!), just do it! Now!

Best, PSC

P.S. Thanks, Dean, for helping me to help myself, you never cease to amaze me!
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
I'd just like to echo what Paul has said.

Forget for a moment what a spectacular magician Dean is. That's almost beside the point here. Dean Dill is, without a doubt, one of the greatest people I have ever met in my life. He is generous beyond words, always quick with a kind word, and he shows a genuine concern for the people he meets every day.

Earlier this year I walked into Dean's Shoppe for the first time as a stranger. I was just a guy who wanted to learn some magic tricks. I had no idea what I was in for. In 8 months, not only has Dean taught me some spectacular magic, he's become a good friend. He treats anyone who comes into his Shoppe as an old friend. Me, for example. I'm not a world class magician (heck, I'm not even a very good magician, and he treated me with the same respect he would have given Lance Burton had he walked into the Shoppe that day.)

He is truly one of the classiest people ever to draw breath on this planet.

Dean is in a tough spot and needs your help. I'm going to give, and you should too. There are good people in the world, and there are great people. Dean Dill is truly one of the great ones. Do what you can to help, because the magic world (and the world in general) need more people like Dean in it.

Thanks for reading.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Prayers and blessings from MagicEast (Hong Kong) here!

Dean is one of the best close up magician in the world, especially coin magic. Although there is an ocean apart from here to California, many magicians in Hong Kong deeply impress by his magic.

We will spread the info and let all magician we know to pray Dean will overcome all these things very soon.

With all our blessings,

Steven
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I bought an item from him earlier this year and I spoke to him briefly on the phone. And unlike some dealers I have spoken to on the phone, he seemed very courteous and didn't come off hurried and bothered that I was asking him questions.

I have a credit card bill that magically seems to double each month, but I will find a way to send a donation to Mr. Dill. I wish him and his family the best and will be glad to help however I can.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
mickey.w
View Profile
Veteran user
HK
313 Posts

Profile of mickey.w
May God bless Dean and live strong.
DaiBato
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of DaiBato
I am so sorry to hear about this. I had a magic lesson from Dean in his Glendale barber shop and he was a kind and generous person. He is also a great barber. Please help him out by buying something from his website, http://www.deandill.com . I wish him a speedy recovery. I hope this doesn't count as free advertising but as a way to help out a great coin magician and human being.
psyclops
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
93 Posts

Profile of psyclops
I put in an order for a nana necklace the day before this news broke. All I can say is I hope Dean takes his time and focuses on more important things like health and family. The magic business will always be there for such a talented magician and inventor.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
As a good friend of Dean's I can say this is very shocking news to hear. Dean is THE most positive minded and nicest guys in magic I have ever met. He is a great inspiration for all of us to be our best and kindest we can be.
He is in our prayers and we wish him the best and quickest recovery.
Hang in there Dean!!
Chance & Shelley
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
rogueclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Hollywood
320 Posts

Profile of rogueclown
I kept passing by his shop last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. It was closed. I had no idea this had happend. He is a gentleman. The first time that I went to his shop He did not know me from Adam..He offered me some coffee, spoke about the cups and balls. I bought Blizzard. He performed it for me, I had to buy it. Awesome trick. I wish you the best Dean.
Respectfully,
Eddie Medrano
RichHead
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of RichHead
As a UK guy I have never met Dean Dill but I respect him greatly. His products are the best you can buy backed by a great service.

I wish him and his family a speedy recovery.

If his website is able to keep running, please order something guys, and support him in his time of greatest need.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
As an update Hocus-Pocus also has a donation section for Dean....Best of luck brother. Ill try to get some money to ya. This couldn't've happened at the worse time.. Get well soon. Never mat ya but respect what you bring to the art...
dlhoyt
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of dlhoyt
I've put up an auction on eBay to benefit Dean's family. All the proceeds will go to Dean. If you're interested in a set of Joe Porper's Mini Ghost Rings visit the Ebay site and bid generously.

Those of you with magical items you no longer need might consider doing the same.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Dean Dill Injured (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL