The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Review of "Strong Magic" by Darwin Ortiz (74 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Any book on magic theory will be valuable to mentalists. The principles are the same.
Pierre Cardinlemon
View Profile
New user
Budapest, Hungary, EU
38 Posts

Profile of Pierre Cardinlemon
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2019, Cryptghost wrote:
Sorry to raise this thread again, I am thinking about getting this book but does anyone know if this compatible with Mentalism acts too?

I have thought about getting Derren Brown Absolute Magic but it seems way out of my price range, I am looking for books on mentalism theory and presentation.

Strong magic is in my opinion the most systematic book on showmanship. I usually underline the most important ideas in the books I read, and in this one I have underlined almost every sentence. I think nobody can go wrong with reading Strong magic.

This being said, in my opinion Nelms' Magic and showmanship has more ideas directly applicable in mentalism. I consider these two books complementary, so I recommend both if you want to improve your presentation.
Cryptghost
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Cryptghost
Thanks for the great feedback, I managed to pick a cheap copy of Strong Magic and Absolute Magic, but I am really looking forward to reading Strong Magic after all the very positive feedback
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
You will not loose your time with those two books for sure !
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
So I have read various comments in different threads about “Strong magic” that state that the book will improve your improve your close up magic. Is the advice in the book focused on specifically close up material or does Darwins advice translate to platform magic awell? I know this is a weird question about a theory book I'm just curious if the advice on performing and showmanship are assuming a close up scenario
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Review of "Strong Magic" by Darwin Ortiz (74 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL