The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Snow White Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Has anyone heard of the Snow White Illusion?

Does it have another name?

Where can it be found in the text books?

One takes a giant card, reads it, Opens it, reads the inside, Closes it Places it sideways in a wire card holder opened and produces items from it. Dependenent on the size of the card, it can produce a tree, a rabbit, or just about anything.

I saw it on a Tony Daniel's VHS tape and he demonstrated it, and talked about it, mentioned it could be reworked for numerous other themed shows but no secret or reference material to it can be found. I could/did figure it out, however, I wanted to do some research on it. (The Book of Merlin works on the same principle.)

Got any Ideas where I can find information on it?
Dennis Michael
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Den,

I don't know by the name Snow White Illusion but is it very similar to the Temple Screen illusion which is used to produce and vanish small objects. The Temple Screen illusion is a smaller version of the Waller's Screen of Life illusion which is used to produce and vanish your full-sized assistant.

Las
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

I have the temple screen and this is not what I am refering to.

I also have the Waller's Screen of Life Plans in the Great Illusion Book. Good design but not what I am refering to.

I believe the rear deceptive panel falls forward, revealing the unseen hidden pocket, if that makes any sense to you.

/ to //
Dennis Michael
Ourmagic
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Ourmagic
I think the effect you are looking for was called Snow-White by Ian Adair. Supreme Magic put it out years ago. You show a large book with the words Snow White on the cover. Opening it you reveal a colorful picture of Snow White. The book is closed and when reopened only an outline of Snow White remains. The book is again closed, but when reopened you produce a dove.

The book was made of heavy card stock. Very bright silk screen colors. It works just like you stated. Just think of the pages of a book. The last page or back of the book is what you don't see. A hole was cut out of the card stock and a cloth pocket was attached to the opening.

Depending on the size of the book, you could produce what ever you like. Hope that helps. If you need more information, let me know.

Steve Thomas
New Hampshire
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Yes, I've found a simlar item in Adair's book "Encyclopaedia of Dove Magic" Page 107 Dove from Magazine.

It states Surpreme Magic Company marketed "Snow-White" a large book...

On the previous page is Adair's "Book of Birds" which does a similar effect.
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Snow White Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL