The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Who is a must see in Vegas, Dec 2005? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

srayproctor
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of srayproctor
Hello,

I will be in Vegas during the second and third weeks in December. Could anyone recommend to me the current, top 3, must see magic shows? With limited time and money I'd like to get the biggest bang for my buck.

Thanks,
Scott
dark kard
View Profile
Regular user
Providence, RI
142 Posts

Profile of dark kard
Having seen only lance Burton I have to recomend him. You will not be dissapointed.
"flying is easy all you have to do is miss the ground" Douglas Adams
<BR>dark kard
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
MAC KING!
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1296 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Mac King
Amazing Johnathan
Lance Burton
Penn and Teller
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Mac King is the best bargain in 'Vegas.

Penn & Teller (if they're playing when you're there) have a brilliant live show.
Incredibly Magical, smart, great music, very funny.

- entity
Dan Monroe
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Dan Monroe
Mac King is a must see!
The power is within us all...I'm just a little more full of it.
danmonroe.bravehost.com
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Mac King first, by all means, second Lance, third take ur pick Penn and Teller or amazing Jonathan. Mac's show is the most entertaining of all, and his magic is flawless, a true pro. Lance does a great big illusion show, best illusion show in town, but don't expect much more than big illusions, even though he starts with his candle and scarf act up front. Both Pen and Teller and Jonathan go for the yucks and gross in their acts. Jonathan's is a bit faster paced energy wise, but then he is doing the work of two men up there. Penn and Teller do not do all that many tricks in their show. Lots of gab. Penn seems to enjoy demonstrating his vocabulary of 4 letter words.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
With limited time and money Mac is totaly the way to go not only because his show is the best and it is less then $20 but also because it is a day show so you can fit other shows in as well.

Another great day show is Rick Thomas. he does a big illusion show for around the same price!

Have fun!

B
longhaired1
View Profile
Veteran user
Salida
305 Posts

Profile of longhaired1
Quote:
On 2005-12-01 21:44, photius wrote:
Penn seems to enjoy demonstrating his vocabulary of 4 letter words.

I don't believe Penn uses any four letter words in the act. In fact he makes a point that they use no obscenity but plenty of blasphemy.
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
The Worlds Greatest Magic Show at the Greek Isle. The acts change but the title of the show says it all. These are award winning acts all in one show.

tpdmagic
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
In Penn & Teller's show at the Rio, The Miser's Dream with The Fish Tank; The floating paper napkin routine, and the Rose Shadow are more Magical than anything else in Las Vegas. Perhaps anywhere.

- entity
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
I just returned from 10 days in Vegas as I was performing out there for corporate work and I went to the following shows and we had a great time.
The World's Greatest Magic Show
Rick Thomas
Mac King
Lance
The Amazing Johnathan
I also went to see Curtis Adams, myself and many others did not really enjoy the show as a magic show but it is worth seeing if you have nothing else better to do.
There is also a show called BITE, it has a few illusions in it done by dancers not magicians and it shows all too well. The dancing is great but the show was kind of blah.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Not magic in the usual sense, but I would also suggest seeing any production of the Cirque du Soleil, of which there are currently four or five playing. They are not inexpensive, but offer the ultimate, most sophisticated examples of state-of-the-art theatre magic you are ever likely to see! (Witnessing one of their productions--in a theater specifically designed for that production--is an experience that can't be equaled by any touring company in a traditional auditorium.) I believe that it can help you reexamine and redefine every aspect of your theatre sensibility and performance.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Mac King, Lance Burton, and Penn and Teller are all shows you won't regret seeing.

Shane Wiker
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Penn & Teller for certain, Mac King for certain, Lance Burton if at all possible, Amazing Johnathan if you have time.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
bmworldtour
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of bmworldtour
Mac King

Lance Burton

Rick Thomas

The worlds Greates Magic Show
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
I visit Vegas once a month

Mac King is a must as is Lance also enjoyed worlds greatest at the Greek isle and Fielding West and Jason Byrne at the Lady luck
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
I know that it's voice magic rather than anything else but I went to see 'Ron Lucas' perform in the Rio and he was fantastic. He was really funny, well worth seeing,

Dizzy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Who is a must see in Vegas, Dec 2005? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL