The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Polar Express Magic ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Maybe I'm just not searching correctly, but I seem to remember a thread dealing with an effect based upon the Polar Express book. It used a sleigh bell as the primary prop. Does anyone remeber this? If so, where might I find that thread?

Thanks in advance.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I might be mistaken, but I think that is something that Ken Scott (or perhaps another performer from KidAbra) does with Tel's Bell, and that he sells the routine along with the prop through his website.

Also, I think that Julian Franklin sells a Polar Express-type seasonal show license to other performers (called the Arctic Express Show). I don't know for sure how much it is related to the book / movie, other than sounding similar.

I don't have either of these products, and am just going off of the top of my head.

BTW, the thread you might be looking for, might be on the KidAbra forum.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
MikeBent
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, MA
174 Posts

Profile of MikeBent
Tim Sonefelt has a great routine using a single sleigh bell.
http://www.wonderimagery.com

Mike Bent
http://www.mikebentmagic.com
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
361 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
On the Kidabra Holiday DVD Tim Sonefelt performs and explains his Polar Express routine. It's a combo type thing...it 's a sleigh bell off/on string and egg bag and a ring no ring bell routine all rolled into one. The patter is based on the Polar Express movie (I assume it's the same as the book).

Pretty nice routine.

DeWayne
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Well thanks for the responses. . . . Actually, I was at Kidabra this year, and that just might be where I got the idea from. But I seem to remember someone saying that he bought a sleigh bell and antiqued it. Then used "something" to stop the clapper from ringing the bell until the correct moment. The trick itself is no problem. But I thought there was more story line mentioned.

It just might be Tim's routine I was remembering though.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
You now, Tell's Bell might be right for you...it's not a sleigh bell, it's more like a carolers' bell that they'd use to sing with...or a Salvation army bell, heck, you could use the Tel's Bell for a story of the night before Christmas...have the bell freeze on the moment Christ was born....could be a very beautiful story in that.
Chris
Stevens magic has this, I think it's only $75 or so....one of my favorite utility props!
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
361 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
Tim Sonefelt does use "something" to stop the clapper from ringing the bell until the correct moment. If you had the DVD I think you could do it all pretty cheap @ Wal-Mart. Assuming you already have an egg bag (which is a pocket in his routine).

In the Polar Express the bell does not ring because the boy does not have Christmas spirit. He puts it in his pocket, but losses it. He eventually finds yj bell and Christmas spirit and the bell rings. The End.

-DeWayne
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Polar Express Magic ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL