The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Disney Characters (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Hey folks,

Does anyone know of any books, videos or online instruction for making Disney parodys?

I don't mind if they're figures, hats or costumes as long as they are good.

I'm hoping you guys can help because it's kind of urgent.

Thanks
Billy
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
There is an excellent series of three softcover books in Italian & English that covers a wide range of Disney characters including Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Aladdin's Genii, and more. The title of the series is FANTASTICI PALLONCINI. The books offer excelent step-by-step photographs with Italian and English descriptions. The books are Italian and the English trasnlation is a little rough at times, but they're not difficult to follow. Some of my favorite cartoon figures come from these books.

TMyers used to carry them, but I don't see them listed on his website. I know that Jon at The Magic Corner (www.themagiccorner.com) in Raleigh, NC still has copies on his shelf. They run around $18.00 per book. Highly recommended!

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I stand corrected. All three balloon books are listed under "Troll Libri" in the http://www.tmyers.com book section. They are "Fantastic Balloons", "Balloons New Sculpture" and "Dream Balloons" @ $18.66 each. All three books are also available from The Magic Corner.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have the first 2 in this set, and I'm WAITING for delivery on the third one...I'm hoping it arrives from CANADA SOON!

Steve Thomas
AmandaHamilton
View Profile
New user
Pennsylvania
6 Posts

Profile of AmandaHamilton
Quote:
On 2005-12-01 18:00, Stevethomas wrote:
I have the first 2 in this set, and I'm WAITING for delivery on the third one...I'm hoping it arrives from CANADA SOON!

Steve Thomas

Did you order them off of e-bay?
That's where I got mine. You can get them for nearly new, for a bit cheaper. I've found not only those books but other good balloon books also. I would highly recomend them though. They are very informitive.
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Skip, thank you VERY much for the info I really appreciate it. If ever you're in Australia, drop by and I'll definitely throw some extra prawns on the barb-e for you!

Amanda, thanks for the tip about ebay, I'll go there now and have a peek.

Cheers
Billy
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Ahhhhhhhhhh...Australia! One of my best friends in Air Force basic training was an Australian. We used to hide his boots each morning just to hear him swear. Very colorful language you blokes have down undah! Still...I suppose if I grew up eating Vegemite, I'd develop a rather colorful language m'self! :o)

I'm holdin' ya to that offer, mate!
Skip

cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
Australia is a good place, my relatives is there.. I forgot the place but they live in a place where more filipino also lives. I'll be visiting them sometime this coming year, I hope I could meet some magicians there.

wait, is there a magic shop in australia? I'm searching for it a month now but I can't find any site of magic dealers in australia.

thanks!
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
michaelwriting
View Profile
New user
Kenosha, WI
55 Posts

Profile of michaelwriting
I believe there's also a book or video for making princesses (check tmyers.com). I think it includes how to make little figurines of snow white, little mermaid, etc. I actually started doing these figures from a balloon seminar and figured out some other ones from some online pictures. People really find them charming. Some day I'll have to post a bunch of samples out here. Mike
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Quote:
On 2005-12-06 04:10, cardcaptor wrote:
Australia is a good place, my relatives is there.. I forgot the place but they live in a place where more filipino also lives. I'll be visiting them sometime this coming year, I hope I could meet some magicians there.

wait, is there a magic shop in australia? I'm searching for it a month now but I can't find any site of magic dealers in australia.

thanks!

Sorry mate, I only just checked back here and found your post so I'm a little late in answering...

I'm not sure which part of Oz you're coming to but there are a few magic dealers down here...

Sydney - http://www.taylorsmagicshop.com
- http://www.heyprestomagic.com.au

Melbourne - Bernards Magic shop (not sure of the website address)

Actually there are a couple of others in Melbourne as well, I can track them down for you if that's where you're heading.

W.A and S.A also have magic shops.

Cheers
pdmedic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of pdmedic
They are also available at http://www.mbd2.com in the store section and last time I checked they were cheaper then the tmeyer site.

Travis
renzo75
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of renzo75
Hey all,

http://www.themagicshop.com.au in Adelaide... They are pretty good...
WA unfortunately doesn't have a 'real' magic shop... :-(
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
Ha....i tried to pm billy james......lol....didn't notice the date on the original post. apparently he is banned and can't receive pm's. I have to look at the dates first...lol
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Carl Skenes WAS Disney's Balloon Artist. Andy Mation

http://www.skenesentertainment.com/BalloonDVD.html
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
tls5678
View Profile
New user
Central Florida
26 Posts

Profile of tls5678
Thanks for the mention, Mark! Sales of Carl's "Animated Art of Balloons" DVDs to twisters have remained steady; but recently we have had a flurry or orders from people who do balloon DECOR, and have realized the value of Disney parodies as centerpieces, set pieces, etc. Who would have thought it? Smile
Thirty years of being Mrs. Skenes, and still counting... now THAT'S magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Disney Characters (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL