The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » A Good Book for Shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

michaelrice
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
257 Posts

Profile of michaelrice
I have been working on a kids show for the past few months and its finally complete. A great book I got on kids shows was ''Professional magic for kids by David Ginn''. It had everything from start to finish, how to structure a routine, basic formats to follow and edit and just a lot of great info. and advice on kids shows.

I would love to put an adults show together. Three different types, one for close-up, one for Parlor and one for a small stage setting. My question is, is there any books on the subject?

I am not particularly looking for a book with tricks, just a book with some good solid advice on performing for adults and maybe a few different formats or a book with a few audience tested routines and bits of comedy. Either something on magic or mentalism.

To summarize it I am looking for a book like David Ginn's except on adults.

Thanks,
Mike
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
STRONG MAGIC (1994) by Darwin Ortiz is good for close up and so is just about any book by Eugene Burger.

Showmanship for Magicians by Fritzkee is also excellent for presentation, the routines are old but the principles are sound.
Dennis Michael
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Mike,

Tarbell
Tarbell
Tarbell

Tarbell Volume #3 Page 21 How To Routine A Show
This tells you where to put what effects in a magic program.
Discusses openers, closers and what to put in the middle.

There is no greater treatise with such practical advice in magic literature.
Bar none.

Bill Abbott
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Check out Maximum Entertainment by Ken Weber it is great..not a book of trick but very very valuable information.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » A Good Book for Shows (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL