The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fire breahting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
What is the potin of fire breathing.Dont you just take alchohol and spit it into the fire.I am not trying to dis anyone or this art.I just want to know what is the point of it.

most appretiated
joey
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
All fire breathing is faked. Everyone here knows that!
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2903 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Yes, it's just cold fire. It burns at about 89 degrees. No danger whatsoever. All those people that have second and third degrees burns because they where blowing fire are just faking it. Those scars are just special effect make up.

There is no point to it. Anyone that blows fire is just an pathetic idiot that doesn't know how to do a pass or memorize a stack.

Click here to view attached image.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2903 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Okay, having gotten that out of my system (and clowngrass, I was not being mean with that last post. One day you will see me being mean and the difference will be very clear)let me say that blowing fire is EXTREMELY dangerous. I don't have the time now to go into all a person needs to know in order to do this right and not kill themself. It's a lot more than just taking alcohol (the wrong fuel) and spitting it into fire.

I must admit that fire breathing( or blowing or the blast or the volcano or whatever other name it has been called) is not that difficult to do. Neither is falling off a cliff. Both can kill you.

Demostrating mastery over fire is the point.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5107 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I think what magicguy wants, is free lessons. If he were trying to be a neurosurgeon, he might understand some of the reasons that he should have good teaching. So he has some nerve, but apparently not sense.

This art should never be taught via internet, or books either. It's a thing that requires in-person training.

Hey! I heard that psychic surgery gets rid of brain tumors.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Boy,that guy Todd Robbins, (if that's his real name) Gets all the breaks... A broadway show. all sorts of publicity. TV appearances, all with no work and doing no work at all except a few old tricks... I could do all that stuff if I wanted to! Just like David Blaine and Chris Angle..
Slim.
By the way, tomorrow I'm doing my first professional show on my Uncle's lawn... Any tricks I should do?
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2903 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2005-12-03 19:40, sanscan wrote:
Boy,that guy Todd Robbins, (if that's his real name) Gets all the breaks... A broadway show. all sorts of publicity. TV appearances, all with no work and doing no work at all except a few old tricks... I could do all that stuff if I wanted to! Just like David Blaine and Chris Angle..
Slim.
By the way, tomorrow I'm doing my first professional show on my Uncle's lawn... Any tricks I should do?
Slim

Dear Slim,
It's an off-Broadway show. So, it is nothing really.

I'm glad you are doing your first show. Show business is a lot of fun and an easy way to make a lot of money.

For your first show, I recommend you blow fire, eat glass and hammer a nail in your nose. You can probably get all the video instruction you need online at Penguin magic. Since the show is tomorrow, you have plenty of time to perfect this stuff. It's all fake and easy. If you have a bit more time, you might want to pick up the "Easy to Master Sideshow Skills" DVDs.

Todd "Lucky" Robbins
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5107 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It's good to see your words here again, Slim. I didn't know they had enough water where you are now, to even have lawns.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Quote:
On 2005-12-03 08:45, magicguy67 wrote:
What is the potin of fire breathing.Dont you just take alchohol and spit it into the fire.I am not trying to dis anyone or this art.I just want to know what is the point of it.

most appretiated
joey

The point of fire breathing? I got paid good money to do it on a TV show last week. Anything that gets me paid good money seems to have the point built right in. Plus, I am hoping to collapse a lung soon, and from what I know, it seems an easy way to go about doing it. Mechanical Pneumonia, Pleurisy, serious facial burns, cancer, how many more good reasons do you need? PM me and I I'll tell you what fuel to use, you just have to decide whether or not you trust me to tell you the right one.

You know what, theres no point. Go and get a job in a gas station, just but watch your spelling on the application.

Its all done with mirrors anyway, everyone knows that.
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Todd, I already have a shiny tux and a top hat, what else would I need? <G>

I wish I could share Quartzsite with you all! It's a fantastic little town with only a small (5000) population most of the year, but in the season (Oct to April) it hosts about 3 Million people... Water is not a problem for normal use, but lawn and pool management is not a problem or a big industry <G> These are the most polite, tolerant people I have ever met, and the town is filled with characters. I just paid my bills( rent, water, sewage, and power for the month and it came to less than $160.00!) Propane for cooking and heating was about another $20. Gas here is at $2.39... Krista and I will be going to The Parade of Lights tonight... Days are about mid 70, nights low 40... To Ca border is a twenty minute drive. Las Vegas and LA are both less than a four hour drive. If you use the thousands of acres of BLM land you can live free except for food. "luxury camping" costs $ 140 for 7 months... Two major highways bisect the town (10 Ca and 95 Vegas)... I love it... I can get anywhere in town in my wheelchair! I don't know if Doug Higley has been here in person, but it was he who turned me on to it.. Thanks! Call us at (928) 927 4499
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I tried fire eating and it left a bad taste in my mouth. Not to be toyed with and quite dangerous. there are numbrous cases where the fire eater set himself on fire and even swallowed hot gases burning the lungs.

So before trying, learn from a pro.
Dennis Michael
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Quote:
On 2005-12-03 11:33, Harley Newman wrote:
I think what magicguy wants, is free lessons. If he were trying to be a neurosurgeon, he might understand some of the reasons that he should have good teaching. So he has some nerve, but apparently not sense.

This art should never be taught via internet, or books either. It's a thing that requires in-person training.

Hey! I heard that psychic surgery gets rid of brain tumors.

I said whats the point not how to.

Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
There's a discussion over on performers.net that is very much on topic, if anyone wants to get in on it, before this girl hurts herself: Learning Fire Eating
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Quote:
On 2005-12-04 18:09, magicguy67 wrote:

I said whats the point not how to.

Then why did you just PM me to ask how?
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
I just wan to know the correct items to get.

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
I saw a fire breather on TV tonight. He no longer has a face. He burned his skin sraight off the bone, and now needs over 100 surgeries just to eat again. He will NEVER look anything better than badly disfigured. God only knows what fuel he was using, but I could hazard a guess.

Seriously, I saw that only this evening.

My Website
Add me on facebook
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Quote:
On 2005-12-04 18:40, Stephon wrote:
There's a discussion over on performers.net that is very much on topic, if anyone wants to get in on it, before this girl hurts herself: Learning Fire Eating

she sounds like she has problems

Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Magicguy, please video tape your OJT fire breathing, make sure to leave a note that it needs to be put on line with a link here, thank you.
Steve V
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5107 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
"What's the point? Not, how to..."

You "just need to know the correct items to get"?

I hate hearing about accidents waiting to happen. But go ahead and burn your face off. You'll make the rest of us look a lot better.

www.bladewalker.com
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
I don't think I will try this.thanks guys.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fire breahting (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL