The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fire breahting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Y'all hear about the fire eater in Oakland who was arrested after he failed a breathalizer test? He had just done a show and the substance set off the test. He went to court and won his case. This was a number of years ago.
Steve V
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Please be careful. It wasn't from fire breathing, but you don't want to end up like this.

Yours,

Paul
clowngrass
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of clowngrass
I look foward to when Todd's really really mean! I've been a fire eater for years. NOT! It's tooo hot for me to handle. The only fire stuff I do is Tummo. Smile

PS- what's the point of eating glass? (Just a joke; I think)
I Try
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5107 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Todd eats glass, so he'll have the proper inspiration for cutting remarks.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
I'm sure he has quite a SHARP tongue!
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2713 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-12-03 09:21, Todd Robbins wrote:
Yes, it's just cold fire. It burns at about 89 degrees. No danger whatsoever. All those people that have second and third degrees burns because they where blowing fire are just faking it. Those scars are just special effect make up.

There is no point to it. Anyone that blows fire is just an pathetic idiot that doesn't know how to do a pass or memorize a stack.

While he probably _doesn't_ know how to do a pass or memorize a stack, I wouldn't tell Gene Simmons that he's a pathetic idiot. Not unless I was way W A Y far away and had a running start!

Quote:
On 2005-12-03 09:29, Todd Robbins wrote:
Okay, having gotten that out of my system (and clowngrass, I was not being mean with that last post. One day you will see me being mean and the difference will be very clear)let me say that blowing fire is EXTREMELY dangerous. I don't have the time now to go into all a person needs to know in order to do this right and not kill themself. It's a lot more than just taking alcohol (the wrong fuel) and spitting it into fire.

I must admit that fire breathing( or blowing or the blast or the volcano or whatever other name it has been called) is not that difficult to do. Neither is falling off a cliff. Both can kill you.

Demostrating mastery over fire is the point.

Sorry. Thought you were serious.

Again, Gene trained and practiced and still managed to set himself on fire five times. I saw people at his concerts doing it with butane. Yike!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Brian J. Hatcher
View Profile
New user
Charleston WV
52 Posts

Profile of Brian J. Hatcher
Stephon, I went to that message board you had listed on your post. I now know why Todd Robbins gets bent out of shape if he has to listen to comments like what I read there. Telling someone that "any hack can eat fire" and that the best way to learn fire eating is through trial-and-error is the kind of talk that will get someone killed.
Maior Cogitatio Magiam Maiorem Facit
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Instead of breathing fire, try breathing smoke...it's less harmful. Or if you just breathe fire put an ice cube in your mouth so you don't get burned. Lol. All of you are too funny. hehehehe.

Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
MetalBender
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of MetalBender
I can attest first hand that fire spitting is extremely dangerous. I did it for three years, almost every night on stage. While I was working on a movie set ("Work and the Glory 3") I had my first accident. Gust of wind caught my head on fire, and I am very lucky not to have permenant damage. It was a freak accident and hasn't happened since, thank the gods. Don't go buy any materials, go find someone who can teach you on a one on one basis. I had personal instruction before I ever did it, and I recomend you do the same. I'm telling you first hand, serious problems can occur if you try and learn it by yourself.
"Magic up close and personal, the way is should be."

http://www.DelusionMasters.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Here's the thing, serious problems can occur with ANYTHING in life. Take paperwork for example. Work with it enough and you WILL get a papercut. Buy some rollerskates and wear 'em... you WILL fall down. What I am getting at here is whatever arena in life you are in, you MUST figure in the worst case scenario, expect it to happen!! That way, when it does you'll be mentally prepared to deal with it. Or, just be ignorant to everyone elses experience with worst case scenarios and learn on your own. Papercuts heal and on rollerskates you can just get back up, but when you're dealing with an area where you'll need skin grafts from your ass to your face, well maybe it won;t be so bad.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
magiGlen
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of magiGlen
Hmm, skin grafts from my ass? I'll finally have all the facial hair I've ever wanted!
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
As someone who's had a couple of severe facial burns breathing/blowing fire I can assure you they take weeks to heal (not like the 6 second clip on TV) and the thing I remember most was the smell of burnt pork under my nose for weeks! There is not enough money to get me to do or teach blowing! Further, it is not fire-eating...
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
You guys are like flies on stink when someone asks a ahh, crazy question. Was that nice?

It seems like just a few months ago someone asked something similar and I stated how I was healing from a nasty burn on my lip. Well friends I haved another. Two nights ago while eating fire on a ship, yah I do that, I went to hold the torch in my teeth and there was a sudden gust of wind that blew the fire right up my nose and placed a nasty burn on my upper lip. I think the air conditioning system had just kicked on because it was fine just before I let go of the darn handle. That isn't the bad news. The bad news is I am flying back to a ship tomorrow morning to eat fire tomorrow night. Maybe I'll just make a balloon animal. That is just as entertaining, right?

And as far as the whole learn from someone that knows... make sure they really do know. Spend the time and money to learn from someone like Todd. I learned to blow fire from a guy when I was 18. I thought he knew what he was doing as I had seen him do it many times. He taught me and I quickly went home to show my dad. I lit my head on fire. My dad laughed as I had long hair that he couldn't stand, so it was very funny to dad.

A few years later, and after I hadn't attempted to blow fire since, I did more research and found I had been "taught" to use the wrong fluid. I learned the right kind to use and have never been burned by a blast since. HOWEVER I will never blow a blast outside and I will only blow a blast when the money is right. I have seen video of guys lighting themselves on fire and that was enough to keep me, oh, what's the word? Respectful. Yes, respectful of fire.

Wish me luck,
Scar lip
Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Hey, weren't you the guy who put a flaming hotdog in someones arse crack for a joke at a tattoo convo a year or so ago? I heard some scary story about lighter fluid and back hair catching fire. I believe it was a spectator who got the burn.
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

No that wasn't me but feel free to tell everyone it was. I have heard a lot of crazy rumors of things I supposedly did that never happened. However I never stop them from perpetuating.

I was once told that I streaked through the crew bar on a ship one night. That never happened but I did walk across the stage in the buff. It was a special nude cruise and over half of the audience was naked so I received a standing ovation.

A few days before the cruise I told my wife about the idea and she talked me into doing it. She said I would regret not doing it when I am old. I just hope I can remember it then.

Sillily,
Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2903 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2006-02-23 11:07, The Village Idiots wrote:
I did walk across the stage in the buff.

I heard that you weren't in the buff, but that you were wearing a TT...and it wasn't on your thumb.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

My mistake then... unless there is another troupe out there going by the name Village Idiots. The hot dog incindent was told to me by a VERY reputable performer who witnessed it as he was waiting for his spot on the stage.
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Well there may be other groups that are Village Idiots but we are THE Village Idiots. Trademarked and licensed as such. That's right we are certifiably idiots.

Todd, maybe it was the TT that awarded me the standing ovation. I had hoped it was my bravery.

Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Okay, so just out of curiousity (we all know what THAT does), if (and I stress IF) the hot dog fiasco WAS your responsibilty, would you own up to it? Especially here in front of all your peers and mentors?
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Is there any pictures or video from the flaming weiner incident?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fire breahting (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL