The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fire breahting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
I just told all of my peers I walked across stage naked in front of two thousand people. I don't think I fear owning up to things. But you did make me laugh on that one.

Flaming weiner incident. That's a phrase you don't hear everyday.

I wonder if it was the "Flaming Idiots." I met them once in St. Louis a few years ago and they wanted to play "my worst fire incident story" game. They had a bunch. I have never had anything go wrong on stage with fire, besides the occasional burn on the lip.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Hmmmm.... Weinie roast?
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5107 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Hot dog and buns?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
The Flaming Wiener Incident... hmmmm.

Wasn't that a Zappa album?
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
Another warning, A very good friend of mine almost killed himself. Started himself on fire a concert. there were so many bad things going for him there....uggg.

Anyway, like everyone else has said, if your gonna do it, learn from someone who really knows what they are doing.
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
When fire eaters put the torch on their tongue does this hurt them also on their hands, or is it not painful due to the fuel?
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
And does anyone have any links to videos of fire eating?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5107 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Oh, yeah!

We've got another hot one, who doesn't think we know what we're talking about!

I'm considering taking bets about lip blisters, singed eyebrows, noses sloughing off, and skin grafts.

Once again, get a teacher...a living, in-person, knows-about-stunts-and-especially-fire teacher.

BTW, not all skin grafts take. It's just another way to lose face.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hey Narly Hewman! Let's get them there photos of the Nude Cruise! The hell with crispy hot dog wedgies...we can sell 'em to Facade to use as pitch books...and other things.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5107 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
That's right, it's Snarly Harley! And I would just looooove to write that pitch with you, Doug!

www.bladewalker.com
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Sorry to crush your dream fellas but there is no pics of the nude cruise. Only video and I am the sole owner of that breif performance art. That is what I call it. Helps me sleep at night.

This just in...

Fire-eater burned

A professional fire-eater suffered severe burns when he accidentally set himself alight during a practice. Firefighters and paramedics were called to a house in Stourbridge in the West Midlands. The man, 36, suffered second-degree burns to his thighs and groin and was taken to the Russells Hall Hospital in Dudley.

source:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFriendly/0,,1-2-840742,00.html

And in the same article:
Naked walk man back behind bars

A man attempting to walk naked from Land’s End to John O’Groats was behind bars last night after being rearrested only hours after walking free from court.

Stephen Gough, 44, was arrested on the Cromarty Bridge, between the Black Isle and Evanton, in Ross-shire, the Highlands.

Earlier, he had been admonished after being found guilty of a breach of the peace charge during his trial at Dingwall Sheriff Court. Gough, of Eastleigh, Hampshire, wore only a blue blanket tied round his waist and represented himself.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5107 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Thighs and groin? Ow! Does anybody know the moves he was trying to do?

www.bladewalker.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
He wasn't the one doing the fire...he was...uh...never mind.

Ted: That's what you get when you read that Middle Earth News!
And NO...we didn't want YOUR picture...eeeeewwwww.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Joker55-

I see you've been posting on the same topic over at Performers.net. The people on that forum are by and large great folks; however, no one there has the knowledge and experience of the people here. From the kinds of question you're asking and statements you're making over there, you have no idea how much you don't know. I don't mean that as an insult, I jsut mean you need to get a lot more accurate information before you'll even know the important questions to ask.

The person who gave you detailed advice there seems very nice, but she has no business advising you--she's a beginner herself and only recently asked for the same information you're asking for.

Listen to what's being said here. You need to find a *qualified*, *professional* teacher to show you how to work as safely as you can with fire. I say "as safely as you can" because it's never truly safe.

Please listen, or you WILL get badly hurt.

Best of luck. Be smart.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Ok, well I have found someone who does firebreathing, not eating, and he is willing to teach me next wedensday, it was going to be today but we got busted cos we were doing it on the street,
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
*sigh*
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Don't learn on the street. The guys at the gas station taught me. Learn there, out behind the stack of propane tanks.

Yours,

Paul
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Really, you should stay away from fire breathing unless you want:
~Charred lungs
~Facial Burns
~possible lost of taste
~Death
~among many other things

IF and only IF you absoulutly must learn one of these skills, learn fire eating...
but I would strongly advise against that as well.
but...whatever. you don't seem to care about what we have to say about the matter.

BTW out of curiosity is this person teaching you using Lighter fluid or liquid Parrifin?
AND
perhaps most importantly, do your parents know about your new interest?

Brett
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
On another note...

I have never in my life met a fire breather that doesn't eat fire as well.
nor have I ever met anyone that exclusivly breaths fire.

But who am I to say that they don't exist and arn't fully qualified?

Brett
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of magiGlen
I do a little fire eating right now, and am slowly learning some vapor tricks and am pretty safe. But I am nowhere near stupid(not trying to offend anyone) enough to try fire breathing, I do not want that trail of flammable liquid to catch fire and follow its way back to my mouth and light me on fire. I draw the line at fire eating.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fire breahting (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL