The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Best rope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Charles F Kerner
View Profile
New user
Kernersville, NC
1 Post

Profile of Charles F Kerner
Good afternoon,

I'm looking for opinions on who sells the best rope (natural, white or colors) for rope routines and why you consider it to be a superior product. This is admittedly a wide open (subjective) topic due to the word 'best' but I'm looking for opinions not laws of nature so everybody's thoughts will be of value to me.

Best regards,
Charles F Kerner
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The best rope that I've ever seen is sold by Hank Moorehouse. It's imported and is made of soft cotton. It comes in a variety of colors and is very easy to work with. He can be reached through Abbott's Magic.
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
170 Posts

Profile of DonB!
I bought some nice rope, a little slicker than "magicians rope", and slightly thicker. It is perfect. It can be seen from very large houses. It comes in white, red, blue and yellow. I love it. I have been doing a Tabary-based routine with it for over a year, and I love it.

Check with either Magic, Inc (where I first bought it) or with Twin Cities Magic & Costume in St.Paul, MN. 651-227-7888

If you call TCMC, talk with either Fred or Mike. Both are great guys.

DonB! Smile
mip
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mip
I just bought my rope at the local sewing utility shop (name?). Very cheap! They had all colors and thicknesses I could ask for.
Gilkster
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Gilkster
I recently went to the dollar store and picked up clothes line. It works well, especially for a beginner like me. Smile
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Having worked with all types of rope over the years, I was excited to find "Elite Magician's Rope". It is manufactured (or wholesaled) by Camirand Academy of Magic, but most of the major magic dealers carry it. I get mine from MagicSmith.com. This rope also comes in various colors/colours.

I prefer this because of the ease of handling and also do to the fact that it doesn't twist like a phone cord, when you are working with it.

Smile
Coram Deo
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
SMS in Israel has the best
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
JeffHall
View Profile
Regular user
Davis, California
161 Posts

Profile of JeffHall
I got some good rope direct from Daryl...Check his web site.
Jeff
PaulEds
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of PaulEds
Any suggestions regarding where to buy the best rope for use in magic here in the UK -dealers or B&Q etc.....???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Best rope (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL