The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Funny quote in a book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Hello everyone! Just wanted to share a funny quote from the otherwise great book "Passing the hat - Street Performers in America". It should be mentioned that the book is not written by a magican, juggler or busker. The writer is an an anthropologist (is that the right word in english?) who is writing a book about busking in the beginning of the 80s.

On page 125 you can read the following:

"Magicans who work right out on the daylit sidewalk are limited to those tricks that are angle-proof, need no resetting, and are easily transportable. These requirements translate into six types of tricks: the linking rings, the disappering sponge balls, the cut-and-resored rope and the Professor's Nightmare, scarf and coin vanishes, and card tricks done with oversized pasteboards for easy visibility."

So Gazzo, Celini, Palmer, Mario and the rest of you guys doing the cups and balls. Shame on you!

LOL

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
OH MAN! I guess I better hurry up and cut the cups and balls from my act then. I think that will definitely change the size of my hat...lol
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Dispite this over-sight I found this book to be an informing read.
Mario
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Right. It's an interesting book. I didn't expect her to know much about magic.
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It's really hard to explore infinity when you are hung up in limitation!

Perhaps the thing to do is think outside "the book".

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Funny quote in a book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL