The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Topit Advice (which DVD or video) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SuperMagicMozart
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of SuperMagicMozart
A few questions regarding the topit. Which DVD or tape is the best beginning source on the topit - Cloutier's or Ammars? Consider the price difference, and also consider whether it will keep me covered. I'll buy the less good one if it is still enough to get the job done. Additionally, I found a very cheap topit. Is it an okay quality (it doesn't need to last forever, it just has to get the job done). http://www.discountmagic.co.uk/product_i......s_id/183
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2134 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I haven't seen Cloutier's, but the Ammar is very good. Tips on how to install it, handle it, performances and explanations, etc. Definitely a great bit of work for someone who knows nothing of topits, or with some experience.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
wattomagic
View Profile
New user
Sydney Australia
68 Posts

Profile of wattomagic
I 2nd the Ammar DVD. Which is actually two DVD's in 1. Its loaded with nearly every method imaginable of topiting. There is also a few routines explained. One of my fav DVD's.

Chris
SuperMagicMozart
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Allow me to rephrase myself. If I got anything, it would probably be to Cloutier DVD right now. Is it worth it at all, or should I definitely wait? All I really need it some basic beginner stuff.
wattomagic
View Profile
New user
Sydney Australia
68 Posts

Profile of wattomagic
As long as it teaches the basics you will be toppiting in no time. Remember use the toppit in moderation.
SuperMagicMozart
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Does the topit pattern have to match up with the one being used in whatever video or book you use?
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2937 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
No the topit does not have to match with the video or book. You just have to know how to use it and install it. I wanted to mention 2 other masters of the topit not mentioned and they are Patrick Page and Jay Scott Berry. They both have great references regarding the topit. I bought 2 topits from Jay . His hook up is unique to a certain degree. You might want to check out Jay Scott Berry. Very talented peformer. (especially with the topit)
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
SuperMagicMozart
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Topit Advice (which DVD or video) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.48 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL