The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wrong Way (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
Does anyone know or have "Wrong Way" from Vernet? I am just wondering if its a trick or more of a storyline type of apparatus. The description just says that you tell the story of the arrows going the wrong way and then oops the whole thing falls down and there is a picture of a cop.. doesn't seem like much of a trick. PLease enlighten me.

Isaiah
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
This routine in the right hands can be harilious. It is an excellent MC bit.

When dealing with children this sign can get the kids screaming each time it turns the wrong way.

It can also be used as a safety theme effect to teach the children to look both ways when crossing the street.

Generally when one sees a good performance of this effect at a magic show, it sells out!
Dennis Michael
Neale - Bacon
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Neale - Bacon
There is a gospel version as well, but the routine CAN be very funny!

One way I do it is to explain the problems I had getting to the show, with all the one way streets. I get faster and faster and the arrows keep changing direction.

Kids and adults love it. I won't go into the rest of the gospel routine as this isn't the spot for it, but it works too.
Neale Bacon

Ventriloquist and Magician

Burnaby BC
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Milborne Christopher came up with this bit if memory is serving me at the moment. It was called High Signs. Ken Brooke had some awesome work on this. Really funny stuff. If you can find a copy of Ken Brooke and friends I believe it was in that. you can also then just make the arrows on your printer and have them laminated at the print shop. I do not think the addition of the cop adds anything to the fun of the original. As a matter of fact IMHO it detracts.

It is a great bit.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
178 Posts

Profile of Salah AAZEDINE
I saw a frensh magicien named Bertrand loth do another version of this it was a dice instead of sign. he show all the 6 side of a dice it was hillarius and the patter was very funny. I can't find this version, if anyone know where I can get it?? thank you in advance for your help
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
Most props by themselves do very little at all to entertain. A true and natural performer can take the simplest of objects, or props, and make it great!!

My wife gets a big laugh whenever I look at an object and come up with a totally different use for it than "Normal" and everyday people. I look at everything in the world as a vehicle to use to entertain. I always seem to come up some bizarre story about it as well.

The original poster stated "The description just says that you tell the story of the arrows going the wrong way and then oops the whole thing falls down and there is a picture of a cop.. doesn't seem like much of a trick."

With all due respect, the prop itself has no life whatsoever. The story YOU tell, and how YOU tell it, with the visual aide of the prop is what WILL be entertaining, or NOT entertaining, depending on how you present it.

I recently took a neighbors dog on a walk and even though it was uneventful, I entertained the owners for nearly 20 minutes with stories about it. From what we saw and did on that walk was ordinary to the average person. But to an entertainer, it was filled with laughs and observations, not just from my perspective, but I included their dogs perspective which included funny faces, funny voices, and some twisted views of ordinary situations.

With that said, I feel a true performer and entertainer will look at any prop or object as a tool to entertain, not just items specifically built for magic.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
765 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
It's a well made and attractive prop and lends itself to some good storytelling or gospel magic.
magicone
View Profile
Veteran user
Doylestown, PA
358 Posts

Profile of magicone
Quote:
On 2009-06-17 07:29, djdeenasty wrote:
I saw a frensh magicien named Bertrand loth do another version of this it was a dice instead of sign. he show all the 6 side of a dice it was hillarius and the patter was very funny. I can't find this version, if anyone know where I can get it?? thank you in advance for your help

I believe your looking for Ton Onosaka's Rainbow Dice do a google search for that they run around $95 US.
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
178 Posts

Profile of Salah AAZEDINE
Quote:
On 2009-06-20 09:34, magicone wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-17 07:29, djdeenasty wrote:

I believe your looking for Ton Onosaka's Rainbow Dice do a google search for that they run around $95 US.

thank you for your help I'll look for it .
REgards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wrong Way (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL