The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » On The Other Side of The Mirror (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Anybody read this one yet? Sounds like some interesting presentations adapted to some old tricks.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Nobody?
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Do you have a link to it at all ?

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
245 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
Jamie,
The book is currently listed on the "Sale" tab of Magic Warehouse website, here is the description that is there

"In the tradition of Eugene Burger, Robert E. Neale, Ariel Frailich and others, her is a collection of card tricks that will entertain your spectators as much by the magic as by the interesting presentations with which they are clothed.

The tricks are based primarily on prearrangement and most requite no sleight-of-hand; the ones that do require only minimal skill. The tricks use ideas from the likes of Stewart James, Jim Steinmeyer, Jack Avis, Alex Elmsley, Henry Christ, Aldo Colombini, and many more.

The trick plots are multiple and varied. There are predictions, revelation, and forces based on zodiac signs, a spectator's birthday, a do-it-yourself murder mystery, fortune-telling, lie detection and more. There are interesting variations on tricks such as "Further than that", "the Lie Detector, " "the Clock Trick," "The dead man's hand" and other classics. There are story tricks based on learned pigs, Sherlock Holmes and Alice in Wonderland.

A unique feature of this book, is that many tricks have been adapted to make use of unusual decks, such as Tarot cards, fortune-telling cards and Alice in Wonderland cards, in addition to ordinary playing cards. There is even a book test with a Holmesian theme, complete with a Sherlock Holmes book and a Sherlock Holmes deck of cards.

On the Other Side of the Mirror is a thoroughly enjoyable collection of entertaining close-up card magic suited to beginners as well as to experienced magicians who want to add something a little different to their repertoire. "
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Sounds interesting, I think I will just have to take the plunge and get it!
Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
245 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
Let us know what you think once you've read through it. I've thought about getting it several times and always shy away.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Let us know what you think about it!

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I expected better of this..It is a very thin book and I found most of what was in it to be half developed.His 'Further then that' [Stewart James] was in a old copy of 'Magic'magazine. I would love to read more from this man as he is clearly
a thinker.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I too was disapointed. Thin booklet, and not written in a style that I enjoy. It was okay for the money, but I cant give this one high praise.
Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
245 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
Thanks for thoughts and its too bad that the product didn't live up to the well written description.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » On The Other Side of The Mirror (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL