The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Can anyone help me find a "good" Sub Trunk in the UK? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mjeayres
View Profile
New user
UK
94 Posts

Profile of mjeayres
Hi, I hoping someone can help me find someone who makes a good Sub Trunk in the UK. I have seen some in Europe at silly prices, and have been reading in the Café about how good the Chalet Trunk is, and would go for that but I am scared of shipping costs. There used to be a time when good illusion builders were around in the UK, now they seem to have all but disappeared. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Marcus
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Hi,

My advice is take a look at the sweet and sour section and do a search on PARTICULAR...... builders and look at the reviews of what our fellow magicians have to say and what experiences, opinions, etc they have and which builders they rate and don't!

As for me I would recommend Adam at Illusion Craft. He is a nice guy and has competative rates.

PM me for his details.

Regards

Sean
Dream-Concepts
View Profile
New user
UK
95 Posts

Profile of Dream-Concepts
There is no "Sweet and Sour" section on the site, I beleive they did away with it because of the ease at which people who wern't customers could make wild accusations without ever having seen props.

Dream-Concepts are the biggest illusion builders in Europe, we're comming up to 10 years in the business and work with more world champions, gala show stars and TV names than anyone else on this side of the atlantic; working out of more than 5000sqr ft of our own workshops. I'd say we're doing something right.....?

We do a nice sub-trunk and we do a cheep sub-trunk (Market forces dictate it). If you want somthing nice then (obviously) I'd suggest ours, if you want somthing cheep we do one of those too but you'll get exactly what you pay for. What sort of price-bracket are you looking for?
Our annual sale of Costumes & props is now on - view them at www.IllusionExchange.com
jl
View Profile
New user
uk
65 Posts

Profile of jl
Like sean says check out Adam at illusion craft http://www.illusioncraft.co.uk I have had a lot of stuff off him and its excellent.
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Peter Diamond does a nice one, you can do it yourself with his plans or you cna have it ready made at his workshop. It's a nice trunk.

Get in contact with him, he is always at blackpool and he is easily found.

Good luck,

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:
On 2005-12-14 19:26, Luke Sherratt wrote:
Peter Diamond does a nice one............

In fact he makes one of the best in U.K

If you manage to find one, GET IT.

Peter is winding himself down on making props so you wont get many in future.

:kewl:
mjeayres
View Profile
New user
UK
94 Posts

Profile of mjeayres
Thanks everyone that really helps!
I didn't realise that Peter Diamond was still making stuff.
Thanks Again!!

Marcus
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
I have a diamond trunk. It's an alluminium coated one! Very nice and very deceptive!

As for getting one from Peter I'm not sure he's still building stuff but you can still get the plans as Luke stated!

Also there's Dave Shaw at Quality Props - although I don't think he's building much nowadays!

Sean
jl
View Profile
New user
uk
65 Posts

Profile of jl
Daves son has taken over building, although Quality Props isn't trading anymore his son still builds stuff to order. Last I heard dave wasnt to well.
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
What's wrong with Dave JL? He built my tubes illusion!

Sean
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:
On 2005-12-15 07:57, seanalexander wrote:

As for getting one from Peter I'm not sure he's still building stuff but you can still get the plans as Luke stated!

He was till few months ago made his last batch of magic items. I don't think he would take up a job for major illusion today.

His later model of sub trunk ae very good.

jl
View Profile
New user
uk
65 Posts

Profile of jl
Sean, not sure whats wrong with him, friend of mine wanted something and his son built it, then about a month I heard he could hardly move and certainly couldn't build anything, so not sure whats happening if I hear anything ill let you know.
Mystery_man
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Mystery_man
Please get a Peter Diamond....NOT a Dream Concepts trunk. I have used a Peter Diamond for years & it is fantastic ! I know several people who have bought illusions (including their "Best" Sub-trunk) from Dream-Concepts & been VERY dissapointed with them. I have seen some of their work 1st hand & frankly it looks like it's been built as a school project.

Chris
Dutch illusionist
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
96 Posts

Profile of Dutch illusionist
Where can you buy stuf of Peter Diamond?
Magical greetings,

Dutch illusionist
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:
Dutch illusionist wrote:

Where can you buy stuf of Peter Diamond ?

PM or Email me and ill give you all the details.

Chris,

I know PD makes one of the best but you cant say things like that about other dealers without providing something solid.

Email >>> mehtas[A]btinternet"dot"com

Mystery_man
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Mystery_man
Hi mehtas I cannot give specific detail about Dream Concepts as it would compromise my position at work, but I can assure you that the quality of what I have seen was really poor & over priced.

Chris
Dream-Concepts
View Profile
New user
UK
95 Posts

Profile of Dream-Concepts
We'd be interested to hear your thoughts and experiance of our props - as anyone who owns our items know they come with long warrenty so if there is ever a problem they can get back to us?

There has been a run of items advertised on Ebay & various magic discussion boards that claims to be our props but are not (as everyone knows our illusions come with a serial number and ID plaq on them) - could this be what you've seen?
Our annual sale of Costumes & props is now on - view them at www.IllusionExchange.com
Mystery_man
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Mystery_man
The props that I have seen had your ID plate on them...if I had made them I'm not sure I'd put my name on them !!!
Mystery_man
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Mystery_man
My experience of your props....I have been asked by 2 of my clients to re-build props made by your company. Initially I suggested that they contact you, in both cases the said that based on the original quality they would not "trust" you to do a "proper" job.

I have also used some props made/supplied by your company & have been suprised at the poor quality of workmanship.

As for you being Europes "Largest" illusion builder, I wonder how you define Largest ?

You know what they say....biggest isn't always best.

Finally I'd be interested to know why I have NEVER seen DCeFx credited on ANY TV programe ?
Star_magic
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Star_magic
Hi! Just to share my experience: We bought the vertical Asrah, from Dream Concepts a year ago, and we were very dissapointed with the cape itself. The base was ok, just to small for any girl to get into from a vertical position. The cape itself was dimensioned very wrong, it was to short and the "head" looked rediciously silly. It was way to big and we had to resize it by a profesionel tailer for an extra expense. It was NOT able to collapse, so after the levitation effect, and the cape came to the floor, it looked like the girl was still inside! This from a NOT Satisfied customer. And by the way, this illusion was not marked with any label at all, perhaps because he wouldn't have his name on a piece like this. Have a video of the illusion that fully documents the above mentioned.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Can anyone help me find a "good" Sub Trunk in the UK? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL