The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bandanah, banana routine in the UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
Does anyone do this routine in the UK as the word 'banandah' is rarely used. does it go over well?
mjeayres
View Profile
New user
UK
94 Posts

Profile of mjeayres
Joe Pasquale did this routine on his "Audience With" TV show on ITV. It was very funny, but that was for an adult audience.
sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
I mean for children not adults. Yeah, Joe was very funny.
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Kids in england wouldnt really understand it but will more than likely find your visuals very funny
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I've done it for 7-12 age range. I set the pun up for them by asking if they knew what a bandana was (about 1/3 of them did) explaining that I had just bought a new trick called the vanishing bandana then went into the routine. The pun still didn't get that big a laugh but as Stevie D mentioned they love the messy visuals.

George
sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
What about for 5 year olds?
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
For 5 year olds just the sight of a banana makes them laugh. try the multiplying bananas
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
I've been using this trick for a couple of years, and although it would seem likely that our children would not know what a bandanna is, take it from me they do !
I don't know why.But they do.

Try it and see.
itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
I've seen a few different magicians use this to mixed reactions. Generally the banana/bandana pun is the least significant part of the trick for them but the mess works.

Personally I'd develop my own messy banana trick rather than buying this one but that is just my personal view.

Nigel
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I had even wondered about this for North American kids. I mean young kids know what a towel is, and they know what a Kleenex is - but a Bandana? I just wasn't sure. Then I performed the effect. That's all it took, just one performance. The reactions were huge!

Even if the kids don't know what a bandana is, they know you're not supposed to fold a Banana in half, waive it up and down, and invite someone to wipe their face with it. In other words, they know you've made a MISTAKE and that's all it takes to get them laughing.

So go ahead and try it - just once.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
A long, long time ago I did this trick WITHOUT using the Devil's handkerchief...don't ask me why, I just did'nt. I did this for a bunch of adults and kids...just purely playing off the "hear don't hear" principal of the effect (kids kept shouting "you're supposed to use a BANDANA!"). By the end of it the audience was roaring (keep in mind when it was supposed to vanish, this disgusting mess falls out on the floor because of not using the Devil's Napkin...just the "plopping" sound of hit hitting the stage set the audience off! Of course, you have to keep a TOTALLY STRAIGHT FACE)I still acted like I did'n know what was going on, and at the end I acted like they were applauding a job well done and wiped the sweat off my own forehead with the banana (it felt really, really, really yucky by then), and the audience completely lost it when I did this!
I'm not going to say this would always play well...I did it off the cuff on a dare, but it was VERY fun!
Chris
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Yup I do this for kids, over 5's. Some of them know what a bandana is, most probably don't. They love it. It gets huge laughs, helped by the mums and dads. The squishing of the banana and the unusualness of the voice over, and everything else makes this a hit.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Neale - Bacon
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Neale - Bacon
I did the routine one time where I accidentally missed the pocket. When I unfurled it to get "my well deserved applause" the banana fell into my suitcase and no one saw it except me.

I think I got the biggest laugh out of it myself!
Neale Bacon

Ventriloquist and Magician

Burnaby BC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bandanah, banana routine in the UK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL