The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sigma I love "Planet Earth" and the Book Test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2141 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
I received a free preview of Sigma. I partially agree with Mr.Catoe about the effects using equivoque. But not all effects require equivoque as part of the method or as the method.

One of the effects I like the most is Planet Earth a strong version of "Out Of This World" with a regular deck that can be shuffled freely,no switch of piles at any point during the routine,a prediction that shows your mindcontrol skills.
E Wave is another one I really like. It's easy and fast and the climax with the aces avoid people knowing about blank cards.
The booktest is so ingenious but is for performers who have real b**ls.
The spirit writing features a sneaky use of the OTL to avoid people suspect switches of cards.
The E.C.P. principle is something I would like to try soon but I need the "right people" with me (if you get the book you know what I'm saying).
There is a great number of other routines and other clever ideas which can be applied to other effects you probably know already.

I will try Planet Earth tomorrow. I can't wait.
A very good book packed with usable stuff.
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
PsiDroid, Thank you for your comments! My only question is--"How long do us mere mortals have to wait to see 'Sigma'?!"

BTW, I love OOTW effects. My current favorite is "Splitting the Difference," by Gordon Bean that was published in the May issue of GENII.
zallen
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of zallen
Zgecko,

If you email Paolo he will probably be able to answer your question.

paolocavalli@gmail.com
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Thank you guys! Keep coming! Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Zallen, Thank you for providing Paolo's email address. I am fortunate enough to have just received a review copy. How exciting! Will post some additional comments sometime tomorrow. Paolo told me that "Sigma" requires Acrobat 7. (I am currently downloading the 20 Mb. Acrobat file!)
zallen
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of zallen
No problem. I haven't read this particular work yet, but I don't need to read it to know that Sigma is yet another success.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Thanks to everyone so far.

I'm especially flattered by the review written by that creative genius... Greg Arce!!!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......10&9
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
nichols_me
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of nichols_me
Paolo I email you about getting a copy of sigma when its relesed, just checking that you recived it, sorry about this being a public post, but I cant seem to PM you.

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sigma I love "Planet Earth" and the Book Test (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL