The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Vis à Vis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PapaG
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of PapaG
There doesn't appear to be any mention of this book on the Café, can someone please post some thoughts on this Jack Avis book by Richard Kaufman?

Many thanks in advance.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of PapaG
A popular book then...
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
I don't have the book, but it's by John Derris and Jack Avis. not R.K.

I know John slightly and have seen him perform some of the tricks, which were good.
Jack, although not very well known, was a respected thinker and had effects published over a very long period in many magazines, and the book is a best-of.

I haven't got it, and so can't recomend it. Its a book I've always fancied but never got round to buying.
It should be worth looking at.
Ryan Matney
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Ryan Matney
It's not exactly a best-of Avis. There's quite a bit of previously unpublished material and some of the better previously published items are inexplicably absent.

On the whole, I'd say it's worth it. But it could have been more like Collected Elmsley books.
www.pocket-tricks.com
The Close-Up Magic Shop
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Vis à Vis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL