The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » A window into the mind of silent thoughts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
Here is a little bit of wisdom I would like to share with you.

I like having a few older kids at a younger kids magic show. Say for example all 4-5 year olds with a few 8 year olds. The 8 year olds think more like adults but they are vocal about it. You can learn through their reaction how to make the performance more appealing to the adults. I leant this a few years ago. I was doing a show where I opened with Rocky. After 5 minutes I heard one of the older kids say I was not really a magician, because Rocky was not magic. My wife had been standing at the back & overheard one of the mothers say almost the same thing. She had said something like: “I thought he was supposed to be a magician. He is not doing any magic.” After that I learnt to listen to those older children. They give you a window into what the adults are thinking but are too polite to say.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Andy, You open with magic now?
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
Yeah I do. I have not opened with Rocky for a long time. That was really just an example. I've also got a lot of jokes & funny business from children this age. At 8 years of age they can he quite smart & insightful. They are also very blunt & say exactly what they think. That have not learnt to politely withhold their thoughts.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » A window into the mind of silent thoughts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL