The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Buyer beware?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
I believe there is a misrepresentation of a product on eBay. No problem with the product, just the description.

Search for a Gazzo pouch.
I could be wrong??
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Tough to say.

Although at first glance it doesn't look exactly like the ones Gazzo let us use in the Master class, it does share more than a few similarities.

What seems curious to me is that he says it is a month old, but the baseballs and rope in it looks well used... I wonder if the cups and baseballs shown come with it?

I guess the question that could/should be asked of the seller, is when and how he puchased it, and how he knows that it is a Gazzo pouch. I think I will just go and ask him that now. Smile

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
I was contacted by someone else...
I have already contacted the seller.

Just awaiting a reply.

---
Just received a reply from the seller. This is not a pouch made by Gazzo.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I'm curious to see now if he bothers to change his ad description.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
rogueclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Hollywood
320 Posts

Profile of rogueclown
The description has been changed. Really it should be the title that should be changed. Yeah, I put a bid on it.
Steve at http://www.magicpitch.com has some new items for sale. He also has a few price reductions.
RogueClown
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Frank makes good stuff. Too bad this guy tried to pass it off as something else. It's a small victory, but if we get enough of them maybe it'll make a difference.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
saheer
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of saheer
It's the edge.
"Because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

1902 diary of Brother Epp, Capuchin monk from Munjor,
Kansas
rogueclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Hollywood
320 Posts

Profile of rogueclown
I was checking out this, and they now have the Gazzo pouch. Just wanted to give you a heads up if you really wanted one made by Gazzo.
Have a great day.
RogueClown
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Ah jeez, don't tell me the man sold his soul to penguin.
What would Wavy do?
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Quote:
On 2005-12-14 11:59, lastnitesfun wrote:
Ah jeez, don't tell me the man sold his soul to penguin.

Penguin will be the official supplier of Gazzo's products now.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Well I'll be D^&*$d if I buy another Gazzo product as long as they are the official supplier. The bird can't advertize in The Linking Ring because of their ethics, I can't believe that Gazzo would choose them.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Word from IBM was that there was no "ban" on Penguin advertising. Penguin chose not to advertise there, it was as simple as that. I won't try to guess why they made this decision.

I don't see this as Gazzo lowering his standards, I see it as Penguin raising theirs. I hope it works out well for both parties.
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
On speaking with Gazzo, after he had said that he had sold everything to the "bird", I pretty much took it as he was just closing a chapter in his life. As if he were putting the past behind him, and moving on to bigger and better things. I don't know. That's just my take on it.

I personally applaud him for continuing forward, in search of a different performance venue.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
The question then is, whose hands are making the stuff from now on, and who is acting as quality control? A 'Gazzo Design' is not the same as a 'Gazzo Product'. Especially if made by a ten-year-old kid in Morrocco (for example).
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
That's just what I've been wondering.

Word is that the cups will still be supplied by Gary Animal. Penguin implies on their pouch ad that they're made by Gazzo and marketed through them. Books and booklets are easy. The rest, I don't know.

Penguin is a dealer like any other. I don't see much difference between them selling Gazzo products and MagicPitch selling them.
rogueclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Hollywood
320 Posts

Profile of rogueclown
After all of this....The auction has ended early. I wish Gazzo the Best in everything that he does. I spent 2 days with him at his masterclass. I enjoyed it and learned a lot. Thanks Steve from magicpitch for getting that going. I lucked out and bought one of Gazzo's hand stitched pouches. Big difference between Gary Animals pouch and Gazzos. ( I have both.) I will most likely buy items from penguin now because of GAzzo. Good day.
RC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Buyer beware?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL