The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Spectra Silk? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
OK,
I have heard that this is a killer effect. If there is anybody out there that knows it can you please explain what the audience sees? I'm not asking for exposure, just what the effect looks like.
Thanks, everyone!
Bryan
Johnathan
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Johnathan
Hi twistedace,
I believe Bill Malone teaches this effect on his DVD, Volume 1. Pretty much, two silks magically come apart, even though the audience ties the knot. I do not perform this trick, but Bill Malone explains quite an interesting routine!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
That's the Slydini Silks; close, but not it. I think it's something like a deck of cards is placed in the silk and the silk is folded over the cards. Then, the silk begins to jump around and move. The card reveals itself. Is anybody doing this? Does it look good? I know it's a JC Wagner routine.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Twistedace,

You are describing the Glorpy Ghost hank, or Hyrum the Haunted Hank routine, as the copy is called. It is a mens pocket handkerchief.
An invisible ghost appears, seemingly under a folded hank, and then disappears.

Every dealer usually carries at least one version of this, as it is a very good, entertaining magic effect. This effect is described and explained in the "7 Secrets" book by J.C. Wagner.

Spectra Silk was also a metal tube put out by Mak Magic years ago; no longer available, color changing tube. Very different gimmick built on the tube that was painted red.
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
The effect you are describing is also demonstrated on one of J.C. Wagner's Commercial Magic videos. Pete Peterson taught it to me some years ago. My routine, as influenced by Pete, is different than J.C.'s, but is one I've used for a decade. I use Hyrum the Haunted Hank.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I want to place a compact disc under a cloth, then make cloth rise as if the cd is still under, and then whip cloth away. I hope someone can help.
Thank you.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Bryan,

It's actually called Spectral Silk, and it can be found in -
J.C. Wagner's "7 Secrets"
J.C. Wagner's "Commercial Magic" DVD
Daryl's "Fooler Doolers, Volume 2" DVD

A demo can be found here - http://www.mymagic.com/wagner.htm
I like Daryl's presentation better, but maybe that's because the Wagner demo is shortened.
It's a cute trick; not overly-mysterious, but entertaining.

Best
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Spectra Silk? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL