The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » The best lecture you ever saw was ....? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
258 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Greg wilson in england! the best
Ryan Joyce
View Profile
New user
Canada
40 Posts

Profile of Ryan Joyce
Drove 11 hours to catch Jeff McBride in New York City. As a stage performer I enjoyed his theory behind actions, movement and music.

Best,

Ryan
Let's connect:
My website https://ryanjoyce.com
Magicians Talking Magic Podcast http://magicianstalkingmagic.com
Magicians Masterclass https://magicianmasterclass.com
OWOW Magic Festival https://magicfestival.ca
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
April of 1975...Dai Vernons farewell lecture...never seen anything like it...doubt I ever will!

Mike
Canadian Guy
View Profile
Regular user
California
156 Posts

Profile of Canadian Guy
Aldo is one of the best "hobbiest" lectures! You get in, laugh, have a great time and leave knowing about half a dozen EASY Yet powerful effects
Eugene Burger was one of the best thought out lectures on presentations
Max Maven was INCREDIBLE for "one of a kind" lectures
of course Ammar & Daryl are pros at lectures

any one seen Paul Harris lecture??
or Rafael Benatar??
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
227 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
any one seen Paul Harris lecture??
or Rafael Benatar??

Our local club here in Daytona Beach booked Paul Harris when I was about 14 or 15 years old ('80 or '81?). I will NEVER forget the great time I had that night, seeing all of those wonderful, strange effects! Decks turned solid, cards linked together, changed places with coins, got ripped and restored, and changed color all in a way I'd (or anyone else for that matter) ever seen before. I had ten dollars in my pocket and bought "Paul Harris Reveals Some of His Most Intimate Secrets". I went home and worked through every single trick in the book! I've got a picture of me with him at that lecture and it sure brings back great memories...

PS: Other great lectures I've seen include Derek Dingle, Michael Ammar, David Williamson and Gary Kurtz...

Posted: Jan 18, 2006 10:29pm

Oops, almost forgot...Gaeton Bloom! What a great lecture!
Jondalawyer
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Jondalawyer
Another Vote for Aldo

Rick Maue - The most thoughtful and well-prepared I've seen.

My good friend Bob Elliott.

Jon
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
The best lecturers I have seen are:

1. Darwin Ortiz - I have sen Darwin lecture on several occasions and his stuff is wonderful. Highly recommended.

2. David Roth - I dopn't do coins (because I suck, not because coin magic is bad) but I could watch David Roth perform his routines for hours. He is amazing.

3. Garrett Thomas - I never had heard of him. Bob Sheets told us he was great and Denny Haney loved him so I went. He fooled me badly with several effects and it was nice to see someone who was unknown to me put on a lecture that surpassed most of the known magicians.

4. Juan Tamariz - I saw him lecture about 12 years ago the night before one of the World Magic Summit's in Washington, DC. He did a bunch of stuff with the memorized deck and he did his FISM act. The result was like being in a boxing match against the champ - the champ lands a solid knockout blow and then proceeds to kick you in the ribs for a few minutes after you are down.

5. Rene Lavand - His lecture was so incredible that I almost walked out during the explanations because I did not want to know how he did the stuff he fooled me with. I didn't want to be rude so I stayed. Also, I wasn't about to forfeit my front row seat so what choice did I really have? (wink).

6. Doc Eason - When I first got into magic, he lectured for a Magi-Whirl event. This was back in 1991 and I remember the lecture as if it just happened. His card under the glass and multiple card location were the two highlights of a very powerful lecture.

I have seen plenty of lectures and these were the highlights. I have also not had the opportunity to see others lecture that were named so hopefully they will come to a venue near me and get added to my list !!!
ME
Nat
View Profile
Elite user
500 Posts

Profile of Nat
Years ago, I had the opportunity to see Slydini - no more questions!

Nate
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1091 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Tim Ellis and Sue Ann Webster are the most polished lecturers that I have seen.

Great fun and great magic!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Fred Kaps...
Dr Marvin
View Profile
New user
Florida
91 Posts

Profile of Dr Marvin
David Williamson's lecture was the best I have ever seen. The thing is, the lecture focused less on tricks, but nobody cared, because when you have David Williamson on stage your not wanting to see tricks, your wanting to see David Williamson. I whole heartly believe that Dave could come out and perform just one trick, and still have people pay admission to see it. David Williamson is a one man show, and he is the most amazing person alive!

Dr Marvin

2-18-06
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Best lecture?

I LOVE watching Dave Williamson too.

Chad long is always a favorite.

Ken
Dr Marvin
View Profile
New user
Florida
91 Posts

Profile of Dr Marvin
For anybody who doesn't know what Ken and I are talking about is when you go to a normal show or lecture, or at least from my experience, the entertainer seems like he has been doing the act for a while and knows what he is going to say when. Almost canned patter, but when David Williamson gets on stage he gives you the illusion that he hasnt planned anything, which to a degree is right, but David takes his act and magic very seriously. The one time I saw him on stage, I had to walk out of the theater, because I seriously couldn't breathe from laughing so hard, many other people had to do the same thing. I hope one day he will put out more videos, of just him performing, because in my opinion they would be worth anything just to watch him do what he does best: Entertain!

Dr Marvin
2-19-06
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
Tom Mullica and Michael Close.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » The best lecture you ever saw was ....? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL