The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Jumping Jack Flash (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
While reading Sheils "Cantrip Codex" I came upon the above title to an effect.
The person or thing in reference here is bizarre indeed! I myself have never heard of this character and so once again my fingers browsed the web for answers. To go into detail about this would take too much space so I will add the link to a page that tells you all about this....person. The reason for the post is, Doc has a way of taking some very basic effects and putting them with clever story lines!

Described as tall, thin, powerful, wearing a black cloak, the man could jump 20 to 30 feet vertical. It was reported that he had large pointy ears and nose, with red glowing eyes, and capable of spitting an odd white and blue flame from his mouth.
All this in the 1830's!

The routine takes place in the house with the power turned off. A few candles are lit. The small audience gathers around as the magus reaches his hands towards the ceiling. A muffled electrical sound is heard by all dizzzzzzz, then again perhaps a little louder. The magus reaches up again, this time a radio seems to be tuning in to a broadcast "Its been 175 yrs ago when Spring Heeled Jack made his appearence..." The broadcast fades to silence. All of a sudden A blue flame shoots out of no where! RUN!! lol

This effect is simple enough to do, As long as the name is heard well enough. I believe most would want to find out who this fellow is. Now here is the man that makes it all happen. I hope you find some use of this story, I know you that have cantrip codex will!

http://www.altereddimensions.net/crime/SpringHeeledJack.htm

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Nice link! I lost about two hours there. Lots of fuel for the story flames, and I like your routine a lot, Magickman. I'll have to go reread the Codex now.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Jumping Jack Flash (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL