We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Remote Viewing Demonstration (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
I should like to make a few comments in closing.

I am delighted that some have actually found this demonstration entertaining and worthy of their time. I suppose my goal, if I had one, was to provide an interesting and engaging experience for anyone who would care to follow these events as they unfolded. I'm a little puzzled as to how I managed to anger so many people along the way. This was not my intent and if I upset you, I'm really very sorry. I intended it to be a bit of fun, a bit of relief from some of the more serious discussions, and maybe even something of "a fooler," as they say.

I do have a small confession to make: Nothing really came to me in a dream. I made that bit up because it amused me. But, curiously enough, that's the only time (as far as I'm aware) that anyone lied throughout the course of the entire experiment. I stated in my first post that this would be a "genuine demonstration". It has been. But a genuine demonstration of what? Well, certainly not remote viewing. I'll say that much.

Thank you to anyone who has offered their support to this demonstration, either by posting their thoughts, or simply by keeping an eye on what was going on. I'm thrilled with the way it all went, and imagine that all in all, the odds against the success I've enjoyed are probably something like one in ten billion by now. If that's not conclusive, I don't know what is.

Lastly, a big thank you to Patrick for his earnest and sincere attitude to everything. You were the perfect subject, Mr. Redford.

Smiles to all,
Stephen
Hello.
mclare
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of mclare
Congratulations again. More things like that please.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No real need to tell us it didn't come to you in a dream buddy LOL

I for one took it as a presentational license. I actually gave you some credit, although it was a little goofy, for trying to spice it up some!

as to angering people lets be clear. We are upset with the claim of "A Gift".

that is the problem. congrats on your conclusion.

Maybe now we can stop with the calling of names of those who disagree. Or is this a third grade board I got to by mistake?

my point mclare is people can have spirited debates on point of view and truth and still treat one another with respect. I didn't interupt Stephens demo and let it unfold for the most part. When proded he NEVER attacked anyone and for that Stephen "cudos"! it was a pleasure to see an adult at work weather it was entertaining or not is not the point in this matter.

so grow up mclare, or didn't you and salsa notice everyone jumping on you when you started acting like children?

so yea the debate is fun, when it is debate and not third grade name calling
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
I don't understand the problem with the claim of "a gift". He is a magician - he tells untruths - and he performed it for other magicians, who also tell untruths so as to facilitate the illusion.

You don't like Uri Geller? ... Let's not "go there", girlfriend.

Pasq.
Sparrow in a barrow.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Umm no I didn't
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
YOU HAVE NO SOUL. And, as God is my witness, I shall invest my £250,000 estate in order to support an inquiry to ascertain why on earth people take you seriously. Passsssssssq.
Sparrow in a barrow.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2005-12-29 12:56, Dannydoyle wrote:
so grow up mclare, or didn't you and salsa notice everyone jumping on you when you started acting like children?

so yea the debate is fun, when it is debate and not third grade name calling

Mclare started it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Salsa. I gotta tell ya buddy I laughed my fanny off when I read your last post!

seriously it really broke tension perfectly! BRAVO!!!!!

nice to hear from ya pasq....guess nobody can have a contrary opinion to yours right?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
No soul.
Sparrow in a barrow.
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
The fight started when he hit me back......
The Doctor Knows.....
Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
Right, since no-one else has suggested starting a similar thread, I will begin one now! ... Join me there, I'll call it "The Circles Of Hell VI", & I'll attempt some sort of Mind Reading demonstration. Pasq.
Sparrow in a barrow.
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Thank you all for your comments.

A few things to say about my "gift". First of all, it was (in your own words, Danny) "presentational license," and like Pasq said - I'm lying to liars. Liars who I expected to see my "claim" for what it was. Secondly, since when was having a gift synonomous with being psychic? As far as I'm aware, one may be "gifted" at a great number of things without having any kind of supernatural power. Finally, I never specified what kind of a gift I had. In fact, if you go back and read the first post, I implied I had a similar "gift" to Jack G. That may or may not be true, depending on your personal take on our respective demonstrations.

SDL
Hello.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess like I said I really want to believe in RV.. I do.

So when "a gift" is claimed it seems to me to degrade the possability.

As far as lying to liars well that is kind of offensive but I am not debating the topic.

I am glad you are happy with the ending to your effect.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
It was good Stephen, and entertaining, I would love to see a 'stronger' demonstration of powers. I would volunteer to achieve this but it tires me out to do so and I have such a long week ahead of me.
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
What just happened???

Sorry...

Ok I wont do it again.
clowngrass
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of clowngrass
The thing that gave me pause was that Patrick replied to Stephen's Original post in 2 minutes! Which means Patrick COINCIDENTLY read Stephen's post about a minute after it was written. To me this is meaningful. Something else I wanted to say but forgot.

:)
I Try
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Clowngrass it was just entertainment. It was not real. But interesting point.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
I have enjoyed reading through this again. Stephen Long is probably the best remote viewer on here.
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Thanks, Salsa.

I had fun re-reading it. I particularly enjoyed the hit that went more or less unnoticed in all the fuss that followed the demonstration: The fact that Patrick's card case contained a deck of cards, that the cards were blue-backed, and that there was a spade on the face of the deck.
Hello.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
That was impressive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Remote Viewing Demonstration (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL