We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Remote Viewing Demonstration (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Let's let the experiment proceed without comment, and then at the end give a complete critique of what has transpired.

Stephen wishes the atmosphere to remain positive for his test.

(Good hit on the redecoration, though, Stephen.)

- entity
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2005-12-16 20:23, Dannydoyle wrote:
Not to be negative but this is a good point.......perhaps it could be adressed becuase it is cold reading and information gathering....not remote viewing

He said it was not cold reading on the hit. He committed to it - that would have ruined the whole thing immediately had he been wrong.
Don McCleod
View Profile
Veteran user
Coulsdon
360 Posts

Profile of Don McCleod
Knowing something like someone has recently redecorated allows intuitive inference of other things about the person which could be used to extrapolate certain facts relevant to the test.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Just can't hold back, huh guys? Show some self control.

- entity
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I will return to holding my thoughts entity.......good point....
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17684 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Now that you folks have agreed to some self controll....let's move on! I'm making coffee.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I not only showed self control......I wished him well........good huh slim? now how bout some coffee?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Thank you for this, Patrick.
And thank you to everyone for your comments. Another hit. Mark it down. The odds against my success must have skyrocketed by now. I have to tell you that if someone else were demonstrating such remarkable feats, I wouldn't be able to contain myself either. So I don't blame you all for flapping a bit.

I am finding this a bit intense, to be honest, and feel like this thread is stifling my ability somewhat. I will get some air today and come back to this later.

Love to all,
Stephen

x
Hello.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17684 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm on my third pot of coffee and you're comming back LATER????? I marked the hit down right next to all of the others.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Patrick,

I was sitting on a park bench today trying to get more of a sense of your location. I am no closer to seeing the object in the box, but my mind kept returning to the "newness" of your surroundings. This sense I have is much deeper than simply fresh paint - the location itself feels new somehow. I will make another statement. If I am wrong, I am wrong. Patrick, you moved into your current place of residence less than six months ago. As always, careful how you answer, but am I right in thinking this?

Regards,
Stephen
Hello.
Don McCleod
View Profile
Veteran user
Coulsdon
360 Posts

Profile of Don McCleod
Patrick, please don't answer until after Stephen has given all his findings.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Yes. This is a brand new building built this summer. I moved into the new apartment complex at the end of August.

-Patrick
Don McCleod
View Profile
Veteran user
Coulsdon
360 Posts

Profile of Don McCleod
This isn't 'remote viewing', this is cold reading.
Drs_Res
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Drs_Res
Patrick, A simple Yes would have been enough, but you just fed us a lot of information in your last post.

I belive, for the sake of the integrity of this experiment, you need to keep out extra data as was specified in this post:
Quote:
On 2005-12-15 15:11, Stephen Long wrote:
Since Patrick was the first to volunteer, it is him that I shall use for this experiment. It was originally my plan to email him to verify a few things, but thought it better to do everything out here in the open so everyone can follow our correspondence.

Patrick, I hope you don't mind answering my questions. Some of them are a little bit personal in nature. If there are any questions that, for whatever reason, you wish to refrain from answering, please answer them with a "-" and no more need be said on the subject. Wherever possible, I have tried to ask "closed" questions.It is important that from this point on in the experiment, you answer only the questions I ask you and do not embellish your answers in any way. I don't want people to think that I am getting any clues that I shouldn't be.

First of all, I hope you don't mind me sharing the following PMs we exchanged today:
Patrick: I'd be happy to volunteer
Stephen: Brilliant! I shall contact you via email to make sure you are the right sort of person for this demonstration. Is it [EMAIL ADDRESS]?
Patrick: indeed.

1.a) Is this a truthful and fair transcript of our correspondence (aside from the removal of your email address)?

b) Have we had any private correspondence other than this in the past?

c) I decided not to email you in the end. Is this true?

2. Are you a smoker?

3. Are you single or in a relationship (of any kind)?

4. Do you live alone?

5. Does the computer that you will be using to access the internet for this demonstration belong to you?

6. To the best of your knowledge, have I ever entered or seen the room that this computer (mentioned in question five) is located in?

7. Is all the above information accurate and truthful?

8. Think of a number between one and ten. Is it seven?

Remember, do nothing other than answer the questions (with a "yes" or "no" wherever possible). This demonstration relies just as much (if not more) on your cooperation and belief than it does on my "gift".

All the best,
Stephen

Emphisis added by me.
( / ) The Bunny
(O.o) Add him to your signature.
(> <) Help him rule the world.
/_||_ Prosper at his side.

Scott
Don McCleod
View Profile
Veteran user
Coulsdon
360 Posts

Profile of Don McCleod
This whole stunt is farcical. Patrick Redford aka George Tait may be traced through any number of sites and information can be gained such as address etc. Even his own website has enough information on him to run comprehensive makes.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Who ever this gentleman is that you mention I prefer to be kept away from him. Regardless - any information that may be found after conducting a simple internet search will not help Stephen in this experiment(or will it?) of remote viewing the object I have chosen. We'll discuss this after the test is over.

-PATRICK REDFORD
Don McCleod
View Profile
Veteran user
Coulsdon
360 Posts

Profile of Don McCleod
Even if the ultimate goal (ie guessing the object) is not achieved, there will be many so-called 'hits' along the way that will diminish and mitigate the miss. This way you can rack up lots of hits and claim a higher percentage of hits than strictly true by hitting on things that can be ascertained through cold reading and online databases/directories.

respectfully, if you want to be disassociated with George Tait, I suggest registering another website domain and also removing the George Tait references from the site.
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Thank you for your confirmation, Patrick. A very large part of the process for me is familiarising myself with the feel of the location. I am beginning to receive various impressions about the item in the box, but nothing concrete enough to declare. I wouldn't want anyone to think I was "fishing" for information.

Watch this space.

x
Hello.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Would you ALL stop posting except for Patrick and Stephen please?
If this is a farce or real, as <ahem> mentalists you could all learn a thing or two. The very least beingo create suspense.

I for one am beyond tired of all the skeptical watchdogs that have nothing better to do than write claptrap on this board.

Stephen and Patrick, please continue.
James Linn
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of J ack Galloway
James were were you on the original thread?

Jack

H.O.A-XxX
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Remote Viewing Demonstration (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL