The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Omar Pasha on The Hidden Secrets of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Does anyone have an online link that shows Omar Pasha performing on The Hidden Secrets of Magic? I would like to see a video link to him or someone else who uses the Dondrake backdrop.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Nell
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
265 Posts

Profile of Nell
I have a video of this in my collection, but I do not know of an online link to a video clip.
"A trick may be very good...but...the illusionist must be better than the trick." -René Lavand
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Did he work with Dondrake on this? I thought the act was passed down in his family.

Thanks,
Richard
cardone
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of cardone
The Lance Burton DVD on Amazon has this on it ..It is 3 different Lance specials and the last one on the dvd is the one with Omar's act ....Great stuff..
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
742 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I agree, Cardone. And this Lance Burton DVD can be gotten for so cheap these days. I think I picked up my copy for about $ 7 or $8.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Lots of Lances dvd on Ebay. You should buy there. Cost about $5
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
Hello Morning Star,

There's unfortunatly no online link to his presentation, neither a web existing of Omar Pasha.
So go ahead with the Lance Burton DVD to see his act.
What you need to know is that his act existe minimum since 15, maybe 20 years and his work is a family affair. This should help you concerning the Dondrake Principle, if he used it or not.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
orbit17
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of orbit17
I just got to see this show in London - beautiful
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
1379 Posts

Thanks so much for the information. I understand that specifically in the "Hidden Secrets of Magic" he is using a Dondrake backdrop. I wanted to see how that backdrop looked onstage.

I do not doubt his magic is passed down through his family, Richard. However, the Dondrake backdrop could surely make the act even more deceptive.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
202 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
Here's a link to the Ostrowsky website (current owners of the Omar Pasha act).

http://www.magicomarpasha.com/

I would doubt if they indeed use Dondrakes curtainas their show has been going on for years and years. Why don't you contact DonDrake directly and see if he can get you a video of someone using his props.. I believe he is a member here so you could probably PM him.

I personally love any good Black Art act. They truely make the impossible seem possible.

Matt
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
His cloth is good stuff. I am working on some ideas with it. On another note, has anyone seen ricciardi's son, Ricardo, do his black art act? I was so excited to see it and then when I did I was disappointed to find that it was almost exactly the same as the pasha act except for costume and a few subtle changes. Who is copying here. I know the Pasha act goes back, but with what changes. Did Ricardo just knock them off?
Belief Manifests Reality.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014859756312
Palm Star Zodiac Divination System: https://palmstarzodiac.blogspot.com/
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
Rick and Susan Wilcox use Don's Black art system and it's poetry in motion. http://www.rickwicox.com
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
Sorry mispelled wilcox
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
1379 Posts

Thanks so much for the excellent information. Maybe you are right, maybe it is just a "rumor" that he is using this backdrop. Expecially since he has been doing the same act for so many years.

I thought it was strange when I heard this, too, but I knew the truth would be found at the Café' Smile I will check out Susan and Rick Wilcox's act to see the backdrop in action.

Would love to see Ricardo's act, too. Geez, I hope Ricardo did not copy Omar Pasha. That is really bad form and truly unethical. I have had one of my own unique effects swiped and marketed, so I know a bit how this feels.
Doug Henning
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
202 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
I have a video of the Richardo Black art act. It was on the Richiardi TV special hosted by Christopher Lee back in the late 70's,Early 80's. From what I remember it is almost identical to the OmarPasha act owned and performed by the Ostrowsky family. I think the video is available for rent from S.A.M.

Matt
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
I have the same one. I wonder if he purchased the act as well? Whats with those wrestler masks?
Belief Manifests Reality.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014859756312
Palm Star Zodiac Divination System: https://palmstarzodiac.blogspot.com/
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
Hello again,

In the press documents of Omar Pasha, that I got years ago is marked for the contact Michele and Ernest Ostrowsky. So I presume that Omar Pasha is the stage name of the Ostrowsky family for this act.
Could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure that this is the truth and the those names go together.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
Dream-Concepts
View Profile
New user
UK
95 Posts

Profile of Dream-Concepts
The Ostrowsky's bought the "Omar Pasha" act in the mid 70's from Berschid's widow in the mid 70's and added to it a few of their own items (the heads-off for example) to make it in to the act we know today. They've never licensed it to anyone else, nor did Berschid so I think it's safe to assume that at the very least Richardo has been heavily "inspired" by the Omar Pasha act....
Our annual sale of Costumes & props is now on - view them at www.IllusionExchange.com
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
202 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
Upon reading the histroy section of the Omar Pasha webiste, after 1976, when the Ostrowsky's gained exclusive rights to the Omar Pasha act, an impressario named Carmen Bajot suggested they create a second group to perform the act under the Ostrowsky's control so they could have double engagements... but as of February 2000 the act has been exclusively performed by the Ostrowskys. I'm guessing that Richardo was one of those second groups performing under licence. I would doubt very much that someone with a family history like Richiardi would blatantly steal or directly copy someone elses act.

Matt
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
1379 Posts

AS to who is actually performing the act here is a quote from the website: WHO IS PRESENTING OMAR PASHA

"Omar Pasha is exclusively performed world wide by the French artists Michelle & Ernest Ostrowsky with the collaboration of Louis-Olivier Ostrowsky"

The word "exclusively" indicates there is only one act and it is performed by the Ostrowsky's. Maybe Richardo is a part of the second act like you say, Irish-Matt. Anyone know for sure?
Doug Henning
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Omar Pasha on The Hidden Secrets of Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL