The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » An Osterlind TV night (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Cherie came in from a tough night at the E.R. and said "Can we watch Richard tonight?"

First, you have to remember that Cherie is not that wild about magic, much less mentalism. But she's entertained by Richard Osterlind, who projects friendliness and a gentlemanly manner. Still - I never expected her to come home and ASK to watch a magic video.

But that's not the strange part. As I put on one of the new Mind Mysteries Too DVDs (which she had not seen) she played along as if she were one of the studio audience. She ALWAYS treats TV as if it's interactive. You have one of those wives who talk to the people on-screen too? I keep telling her that they can't hear her, but old habits die hard.

Anyway, so she's shouting out her answers to questions and such - and she starts hitting several answers in a row which match the spectators' picks. Thank goodness she missed all the rest of them, or I'd have been suspicious of her studying mentalism (or peeking at the DVDs, which - come to think of it - would be a good mentalism ploy) on the sly.

*jeep!
--Chet

PS: She now complains that Richard should hurry up and release more videos, because "these are too short." (Mainly because she's not interested in watching explanations.)
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of J ack Galloway
Chet,

This is a nice post and a true compliment to Richard.

Best Wishes,

Jim
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
WOW..... a wife who actually likes to watch magic/mentalism????
You're a very lucky man!
Let's hear it for Cherie!!!!!
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
That's just the weirdness, Spin. She DOESN'T like to watch magic or mentalism. But she likes to watch Richard. ("Oh, now that's just impossible," she said after he produced signed cards from impossible locations - AFTER she'd come up with "explanations" for how he did two.)

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
Richard certainly has a thing about him. I love watching him and I have a couple of girl friends who do too. I think it's because he doesn't look like he's trying too hard with his routines, his performances are very natural, he's smooth, friendly, warm, mysterious, intelligent. It doesn't surprise me at all that your wife watches him and not the others.

Anabelle
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Never thought of it, but not "look(ing) like he's trying too hard with his routines" probably is a big factor. He just seems like someone you'd be comfortable having in your living room. (Without the pipe!)

As an aside, Anabelle, I liked the image you were using just a few months ago (the full colour one) and was wondering what's with this new one? Should I be wearing 3-D glasses, or has my eyesight gotten even more blurry? <g>

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
Chet, I'm always changing pictures, I like the variety. This current one is just an artistic take on me.

Anabelle
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Imagine that. Richard Osterlind, a long time friend, a sex symbol.
Must be that Southern charm!!
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Is there anyone who doesn't like watching Richard??? I think he should make another DVD set...Maybe on hypnosis this time.

Mike
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
OK, I know what this is all about! All of you got together in PM's and said,"Let's pull Richard's leg for a day or two and then, maybe on Christmas, you all will get on here and shout - "NOT!!!"

Richard

PS you can't fool me!
mackmania
View Profile
Regular user
Orange County
137 Posts

Profile of mackmania
Being thirteen, I have no wife who enjoys magic (it would be somewhat scary if I did), but my dad loves watching the performance sections on DVDs. My mom barely ever watches anything magical that I don't do, but when Richard Osterlind's in, the whole family plops down on the couch. Thank you Richard, for so many viewings of your beautiful work!

Cheers,
mackmania

P.S. My little brother loves watching Mind Mysteries as well. (I would have said Too, but I hope to God I get these for Christmas).
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." ---Joseph "the Amazing" Dunninger
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
I really do "LOVE" watching you, Richard. "Wink" "Wink"

Mike

P.S. No, I'm not like that. Yes, I have a girlfriend. lol
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
Up until I got banned from using the wife's paypal account I built up quite a collection of dvd's etc, and I must agree with everyone else, my wife will not sit thru any magic videos , I normaly get the eyes rolled when I switch one on, but with Richard's DVD she watches them and enjoys it. When I got MMtoo she asked me to wait watching it until the evening when she had time to sit and watch them as well. I know this has been asked and discussed a million times but it would be nice to have a performace only dvd of richard doing a full show. But we understand the confidentiality side of things with the clients. I guess I will have to wait until my company gets big enough to hire richard for our conference, and I will make sure he has the permission to release that show!.
Justa side note, I asked my wife if she enjoys watching anyone else. Max maven, very different styles, but she said she find Max very funny.

Well I hope you all have a great Christmas.

Kind regards

steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2005-12-17 08:54, Richard Osterlind wrote:
OK, I know what this is all about! All of you got together in PM's and said,"Let's pull Richard's leg for a day or two and then, maybe on Christmas, you all will get on here and shout - "NOT!!!"

And you call yourself a mindreader?

Here I thought that Richard's performance appealed to people who don't like magic. Now it sounds like Richard appeals to women.

It's the hair. It's gotta be the hair.

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
No No No, It's the eyes!!

Mike
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
763 Posts

Profile of Josho
I think it's the mild, hard-to-place accent.

Or the whole "James Spader" aspect.

--Josh
SteeleFusion
View Profile
Regular user
Glasgow, Scotland
106 Posts

Profile of SteeleFusion
Our house also loves Mr Osterlind. Sadly my Mum then compares me to Richard whenever I attempt to practice an effect on her....its hard to keep yourself esteem when your own mother is comparing you with one of the greatest mentalists of our time.

Craig
Craig Steele : MindFusion

www.Craig-Steele.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » An Osterlind TV night (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL