The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Second Sight Act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I am interested in putting together a second sight act for my show. I have the DVD set by Falkenstein and Willard and have picked up MANY great ideas. Does anyone have some advice as to where I could look for some additional information on the topic?

Thanks

Walking Bob in Iowa
Magic and Drums
View Profile
New user
Germany
46 Posts

Profile of Magic and Drums
Hi Bob,

if you have some patience get the "Final Curtain" book by Borodin when it comes out. There is a sightless vision routine with some really great ideas and a pretty nice build up.

Yours,
Daniel
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I have an entire program for Remote Mind Reading. Certainly Sightless! It's called Radio Waves. You can see some demonstrations on Café members here...
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15
You can use this live while blindfolded also.
Thanks
Dave
Check my website for more info...and remember 40% off the propless edition for Café' members through Christmas. Shameless Self Promotion Here!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
One book to recommend is Conspiracy, it deals extensively with two person coding, and various other two person effects, stooges, confederates etc. Very good collection of things. You can always watch The Evasons promo video, download it from their site, they present a brilliant double act, from what I can tell.
I always promote the "think of presentations/ effects before methods" approach to composing an act. Its more important to have a vision of what you want to do first.

There are several more books on the topic, that's for sure, however I don't have access to my library, nor do I have the time to search for all the titles online. But I'm sure there's a thread about this topic somewhere on the Café, try a search!

Sincerly,
Daniel Young
www.awonderfulmind.blogspot.com
check it out for new products.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Get a copy of Paul Hadley's Book How to develop mental magic" which gives a complete overview of the second sight act, complete with charts to use to learn it all.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Christopher Caldwell
View Profile
New user
Scottsdale, Arizona
86 Posts

Profile of Christopher Caldwell
Leo Behnke has a new book out entitled "Cues". It deals with two person acts exclusively. Let me know if you need a source for it.

Hope it helps,

Christopher
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1555 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Has anyone tried the system in 13 Steps?

Barry
green4magic
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of green4magic
Christopher,

Where can one find Leo Benhke's book CUES?

Barry,

The code system in 13 STEPS is the base on which all other codes have developed.
Every act that does codes uses some form of the Walford Taylor Code System.

STAY MYSTICAL
Christopher Caldwell
View Profile
New user
Scottsdale, Arizona
86 Posts

Profile of Christopher Caldwell
Andy Greget of Magic Book Lists should have a copy. The book was reviewed (favorably) in Magic Magazine recently. Andy is in Phoenix: 602-404-3100.

Hope it helps,
Christopher
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Second Sight Act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL