We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Docc Hilford's Serpent Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
753 Posts

Profile of roblane
Hey Docc! Yes I was one of the Suffolk U.K buyers. Got it, love it! Thanks a million!
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Ordered this a few weeks ago after checking out one that my friend had purchased. Sadly there was a mix up with the postal system and mine was returned to Docc through no fault of his own.

Docc gratiously sent me an email to inform me of this apologising for the inconvienience. He has gone further to include an extra gift for me which is above the call of duty.

Although I've yet to recieved this, praise where praise is due! Were often to quick to criticize and so I wanted to publicly thank Docc in advance!

Best Wishes Michael Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
blackESP
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of blackESP
After working hard this month and scoring some overtime pay, I've just treated myself to a Serpent Wallet. The deal is too good to miss.
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1573 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Your hard work is going to be well-rewarded with some great play when you get this baby! Money well earned, in this case, is money well-spent. Now come on Docc and unload the rest of these so no one else can get them and those of us who jumped on the offer can just smile and say "Told You So!"

gary
antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
130 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
I do the switch on the table. I simply put one corner of the bill inside the chasm, saying that "I put the bill under my wallet, so that nobody can touch it or do something strange" (I do not say "switch", but I would...). In that moment I do the secret move under the pretense of showing the bill on the table. That's how it goes: I lift the Serpent (secret move), show the bill, and then I put the wallet on the bill, covering it completely. The "dirty" work is done, and you can go on with your presentation. At the end, the spectator can take the bill under the Serpent, and verify how "psychic" you are. I know it seems a bit convoluted, but it's my favorite handling, and I like it. In my hands, it's a natural.
Hope my description is clear... feel free to ask.

Best,
santini
SShawUK
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of SShawUK
Very nicely done Santini, I like your thinking here.

I cannot add much to the comments already posted about the wallet. A truly beautiful wallet. A fantastic switch that absolutely flies by undetected.
I opted for "The Dance of Shiva" as my book. Not something I think I would use personally, but a great little method for secret billet reading.

Hats off to Docc on an excellent product and excellent service.
I look forward to picking up The Vault in the near future.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

www.magicblog.org
blackESP
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of blackESP
How long have people in the UK been waiting for their Serpent to arrive? It's been a couple of weeks for me, should I start worrying yet?
blackESP
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of blackESP
Ah, it turned up today! No need to get worried after all.

Now I'll admit, when I read the instructions (they're sent vie e-mail when the wallet gets mailed, so you can get ahead before it arrives) I was a bit dubious as to how well it would work.

But after a couple of hours messing around, I can say it works very well! Without any hardcore practice, I can already pull off a pretty clean sw**ch. It is a little bit 'knacky', but once you have the knack it's as smooth as silk, and with more practice, I imagine it'll become flawless.

Add in the bonus book from Docc, and this is a deal not to be missed.
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1128 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
Still waiting for mine and keeping the fingers crossed! Smile
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
I have to admit that I took a scalpel to the wallet and now something placed into the bottom pocket on the right of the wallet stares me in the face when I close it - a great peek. I can also retrieve billets and folded cards placed into the ID window.

And because the wallet is tri-fold, my adjustments still mean that money fits inside normally.

I look forward to trying this out.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4289 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Are there any more of these
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2738 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2011-07-14 15:49, Mark Powell wrote:
I have to admit that I took a scalpel to the wallet and now something placed into the bottom pocket on the right of the wallet stares me in the face when I close it - a great peek. I can also retrieve billets and folded cards placed into the ID window.

And because the wallet is tri-fold, my adjustments still mean that money fits inside normally.

I look forward to trying this out.

would you mind sending me a pic of the mod to your wallet? I can send you a pic of mine or whatever to prove I have one. thanks!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
I have a SERPENT for sale. Never used. Just took a look at it!
kiki
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
Sure thing, lunatik. Just pm me your email address and I'll send you details of what I did, together with some photos.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Anyone in the Boston area, Docc Hilford will be performing on July 26th at the Mystery Lounge, Joe Howard will be hosting, and Docc will be performing his Psychic Cabaret.

http://www.mysterylounge.com/Schedule/En......011.html
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2738 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I have to say Mark Powell is top notch! He has come up with a great modification to the serpent wallet that adds a great peek! He has it not only thoroughly written out, but also has provided 8 step by step pictures from beginning to finish! Great job Mark, for having no stake in this wallet, you are second to none!! thanks again, I really do appreciate it!!

Rich
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Mrs Raven
View Profile
New user
West Yorkshire, England.
3 Posts

Profile of Mrs Raven
Quote:
On 2011-07-14 15:49, Mark Powell wrote:

Thank you Mark for your kind email.
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
I still have one for sale!
kiki
DonEduardo
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DonEduardo
I got my Serpent wallet over the weekend. Beautiful looking wallet and it is now my everyday wallet. I was really pleased with how the s****h works. I can see how it will work great with bills. I also wanted to use it for seeing what's written on billets or business cards. I have a couple questions:

1) There were some earlier posts about the ID windows being stained. Yes, mine is pretty bad. So much so that the spots and smudges on the ID windows can make it confusing to see what is drawn on a card. Anyone figure out how to clean this? I tried alcohol and turpentine substitute. The smudges don't even fade using those chemicals. I even tried scraping a little with a knife. It's as if its embedded into the plastic.
2) I saw (in this thread or another) that eventually there would be a video demonstrating it's use. I like demonstrations by experienced users so I can see how smooth a move can become. Helps to guide my to practice and get things down smooth. Was that video released? I did a search on Docc's site but couldn't find anything.
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
629 Posts

Profile of brehan
Would love to see the video!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Docc Hilford's Serpent Wallet (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL