The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Squared circle contents (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Donnie W
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Donnie W
Hi I've got my squared circle built. I want build a routine/patter about being empty without Jesus. Then add a Jesus silk and produce several items from within. What are some ideas as what to produce to illustrate love, joy , peace ect. Thanks as always for the ideas 73 Donnie
snap
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, USA
218 Posts

Profile of snap
When I do this with the square circle, I usually put in several brightly colored silks, demonstrating how our life is plentiful and wonderful with jesus in our life.
**--snap--**
Illusions4Life
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
128 Posts

Profile of Illusions4Life
I use the square circle to talk about the blessings of God. After showing the entire thing empty. I begin to talk about a lost person's life how empty it is and how they search for things to bring them happiness but all is for naught. When they find Jesus and accept him the Lord wishes to give them many blessings. Beautiful ones (pull out several brightly covered silks). Never ending ones or ones that seem to never end (pull out approx 10' of beads) allowing them to form a pile next to my table on the floor. Then I talk about how it seems that no more blessings could be found inside yet the blessings that we receive from a relationship with Christ are the sweetest blessings we can receive (pull out a large clear tumbler filled with candy). Then I give each person a piece of candy to remind them of how sweet God's blessings are.

Not perfect but certainly workable and has done me well for several years.
zippy
View Profile
New user
PA
54 Posts

Profile of zippy
Illusions4life,
I really like your ideas that you use.I am sure it goes over well
Donnie W
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Donnie W
Thanks for the ideas. I like the glass of candy and passing it out. The squared circle is good sized so I have plenty of room to load items. 73 Donnie
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
Duane Laflin has a good routine as well.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Easter Story with a Square Circle:
Build a SC to look like a stone tomb to include a stone (piece of slate or one made from styrofoam) to cover the entrance to the tomb.
Have picture of Jesus on one side of OL, the words "He Is Risen" on the opposite side.

Show tomb empty. Tell story of burial, insert OL in tomb with picture of Jesus visible through tomb opening. Cover opening with "stone" and turn OL 180 degrees.

Continue story. Women come to tomb, stone is rolled away (Jesus picture is now replaced with "He Is Risen" visible). Remove small angel figure from IL and continue with story. Tomb is empty except for burial cloth - remove strips of cloth from IL.

Women ran to tell disciples who were gathered together, perhaps reminicing about the last time they were all together (Last Supper). And at that last meal, Jesus took the bread (remove small loaf of bread or dinner roll from IL) broke it etc.
Then he took the cup (Remove wine goblet from IL and pour out liquid in another container)........

You see the tomb was really empty or was it?. Remove IL and OL and square and there is a piece of red paper left on SC base. Paper is unfolded to show a heart, which is the love for us that Jesus left behind. Do a tear and restore on the heart explaining that there may be time our hearts are broken, but we always have the Love of Jesus which is what the Empty Tomb represents.

This is just an outline of a presentation that I use. The "patter" may be adjusted to suit your style or audience.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
WHat is the squared circle
Donnie W
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Donnie W
Quote:
On 2006-01-10 14:59, DougTait wrote:
Easter Story with a Square Circle:
Build a SC to look like a stone tomb.............. the Love of Jesus which is what the Empty Tomb represents.

This is just an outline of a presentation that I use. The "patter" may be adjusted to suit your style or audience.

Wow This is a great idea. The t/r heart is a great ending Thanks 73 Donnie
Donnie W
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Donnie W
Quote:
On 2006-01-10 15:05, drkptrs1975 wrote:
WHat is the squared circle

The Squared Circle is a outer tube (can be square like a box or round) with holes and a inner tube. Show both tubes empty,
place inner inside and produce al load. Mark Wilson's book has plans for one 73 Donnie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Squared circle contents (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL