We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Derek Dingle's Complete Works » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
SDR
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of SDR
Well, I have been deciding between buying this and Unexplainable Acts, I think I'm going to get this first!
magicjosh2
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester. UK.
134 Posts

Profile of magicjosh2
Anyone going to the Blackpool Magic Convention in February 2004 will have the honour of seeing Derek perform some of those wonderful routines from his book as he will be appearing in the close-up sessions during the Sunday of the convention, and will also be presenting a Star Lecture on the Sunday morning.
Smile
Best Wishes,
Mark
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
Toluca Lake CA
701 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Is it hard to find this book? I would love to get it but can't find it anywhere.

Thanks for the help

Bradley
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
vwc06
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of vwc06
Hey I'm pretty sure that you can get it direct from Mr. Kaufman:.

If he lists it there I'm pretty sure it's still in print. If not, sorry and good luck!

Hope that helps,
Vincent
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
724 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
Watch eBay. That's where I snatched my copy, for about $30.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Misdirections in San Francisco had a copy last week.
Drive Carefully
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Martin Joyal seems to have one or two copies at the precent time of The Complete Works of Derek Dingle: http://www.joyalstack.com

I have to mention that the copies might be used ones.

OR, try to buy from Rickard Kaufman.

I believe he has a few in stock again and the pricetag is 40 bucks. The book is smack-full with good routines, some difficult and some a little easier.

My personal favourites are Too Many Cards, Gypsy Curse, Crystalized Coins Up Sleeve and The Derek Dingle Fabulous Jumping Card Trick. Actually there isn't a single bad trick in here.

It is one of the very first magic books I ever bought, and still one of the best.

Smile
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
jazzman
View Profile
New user
manchester, UK
68 Posts

Profile of jazzman
I've just ordered this for £28 postpaid, that's pretty good. Just have to wait now, hohum.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Yeah, Kaufman still has some in stock for $40. I'm a fan of Dingle's stuff on sleights...Blaine I guess uses his double lift, and it is one of the better no get ready ones out there.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
The Dingle Double is really Krenzel's double which was even published earlier. I also thought Blaine used a push-off double, but I might be mistaken!
Drive Carefully
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Dingle's double looks exactly like Blaine's. In any case, I like the explanations on the pass, the zarrow, etc. Nice book.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
Dingle's double looks exactly like Blaine's.

Perhaps that's because the DL Blaine does is Dingle's.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
Marko, with all due respect I think you are wrong. I know for a fact that Dingle learned his DL from illusionist.
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Quote:
On 2003-11-14 21:05, usa wrote:
Marko, with all due respect I think you are wrong. I know for a fact that Dingle learned his DL from illusionist.

??? What?
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
bvbernard
View Profile
New user
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
93 Posts

Profile of bvbernard
Quote:
On 2003-11-14 21:05, usa wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-11-14 22:25, CLJ wrote:
??? What?

A joke.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Kaufman and Greenberg seems to have Derek Dingle's Complete Works book in stock again for $40.00
http://www.geniimagazine.com/kaufmanandco/booksandtapes.html

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
peterdgr8
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of peterdgr8
Gr8 book. VERY difficult but worth knowing. And doing (if you can). The only gripe I have and it's been mentioned elsewhere is that the reader is forced to plow through the actions to sorta kinda get the idea of the effect is. I wish there was a brief description ahead of time. Maybe in edition 2?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Derek Dingle's Complete Works » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL