The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Fixing up old tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Hello all
I have a few old illusions that really need some work to them. What is a good paint to use for them? There are some "bumps and bruises" on them also what can I do to make them more durable.
What I mean in that is in my zig zag lady once I move the section over it's kind of shaky. Well any help would be great.
Magijcoe
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
Magicjoe
Search "Building Painting Tip" You will see three posts by Chance Wolf. No one could give you better instruction.
ChrisG
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
Wolf will give you great advice I'm sure but here are a few tips
1 bondo can be your best friend
2 nothing is so screwed up you can't screw it up any more
3 ALWAYS REMEMBER NUMBER 2
just kidding about 2 and 3 but 1 it's the truth
good luck
John
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Wood putty and L brackets sometimes works wonders Smile

If not for those, I really couldn't build or fix anything.

Bondo I never tried on anything, but someone told me spot glazing putting they sell at auto stores also works for dents and dings before re-painting, and works on wood or metal so sounds like a good option...

Steven
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
Steven if you are a wood filler user, try the bondo it is way stronger easier to work and way more durable product. Also if you think about it, this product is used on vehicles which are under a lot more stress then props (weather, vibrations, and a lot more hot to cold freqeuntly) also bondo cures way faster is easier to bring to a smooth finish. L-brackets are great for some added strength but I usually when able try to use fibreglass on things such as a badly broken corner. Which I always use bondo overtop to get a more desirable finish. Hope someone gets some use from this tip. It has done me well always.
all the best
John
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Thanks all for the post I'll have to go and get some bondo.
Magicjoe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Fixing up old tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL