The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » I Practice While I Drive (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1436 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2005-12-21 13:43, Lance Pierce wrote:
So I'm in the car, a friend is driving, and he runs right through a red light without even slowing down. I say, "What are you doing?" He says, "Don't worry about it; my brother drives this way."

A couple of blocks later, he speeds right through another red light like nobody's business. I say, "Are you trying to get us killed?!" He says, "Hey, don't worry about it; my brother drives this way."

A couple of minutes later, we get to a green light, and he comes to a full stop. I say, "NOW what are you doing?" He looks right and he looks left and then he says, "Well, my brother could be coming the other way!"

hehe that's a very good one! I like it very much. I will keep it in mind Smile
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
T Page Wright was a magical inventor of effects. He worked for one the the film companines in hollywood. He died at an early age in a car accident. When the police arrived they where alittle confused because there were playing cards all over Him! There was a book put out on his material, not bad !! I'm sure he would have put more material out if his life wasn't cut short.

Just a FYI

Joe
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
My dad does some crazy stuff while he is driving. I have seen him on many occasions talk on the phone, write stuff down that the person is saying, and reach in the back seats to get heavy books and stuff. He does all this at once, he is often just steering with his knee. And, if someone is talking to him from the back seat, it isn't good enough to just listen, he turns his whole head and talks, occasionally taking a quick glance towards the road. But, I must say he is an exellent driver. So good in fact, he scares people in the car. He can park in such tight places and drive through narrow sidewalks. Its nuts. My family has gotten used to it. But if there is someone new in the car, they have a ride of their lifetime. He rarely speeds, but it stiil surprises them when he goes into parking. You would swear he is going to hit that Mercaeidies...
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
I don't practice card stuff in the car - cards would end up all over the place.

But, I do practice my coin roll while driving. But I can do that without taking my eyes off the road, and if I drop the coin, I leave it wherever it lands until I get where I'm going. I never try to catch it or even see where it went.
Krumb
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, WA
300 Posts

Profile of Krumb
I refer you to the following posts:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2005-12-21 16:06, Krumb wrote:
I refer you to the following posts:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

I told you we had already talked about this. Nice work on digging that up Krumb.
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
675 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
TJO,

Like you, I practice my harmonica in the car.

My son, one of the most patient people I know, was sitting in the backseat, and I had just bought a new Hohner in D and was trying it out. I kind of forgot he was back there, and then after about 20 minutes he said, "Dad, can you please stop that? Please? Please stop?"

You and I are so alike, it frightens me...
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Heh, that's humorous, but I guess it's for the best that we both stopped doing that.

And kids are good because, with magic, music, whatever, they will tell you EXACTLY what they think.
tjo'
graemesd
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of graemesd
I learnt the ultra move and and the onehanded riffle shuffle - I'm probably the worst - it is rare that I drive without my deck in my hand (that's dEck)
I never do it when the kids or others are in the car though
I do do 2 handed stuff as well - top changes and bottom dealing are the most common - oh and also tenkai/diagonla palm shift
I'm a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad boy
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2005-12-21 16:50, T. Joseph O'Malley wrote:
Heh, that's humorous, but I guess it's for the best that we both stopped doing that.

The harp is cool. Just get your self a rack and play ala' Guthrie or Dylan. Not sure if Sonny ever used a rack. I don't believe so.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

No rack for Sonny. No driving for Sonny either. No short changing for Sonny. An interesting Sonny Terry stories involve him carrying a pistol around after he got shorted by a gentleman who was running the show, sort of like what you may have seen in the Ray Charles movie. Sonny could actually see a bit, not much at all, but enough to see the guy's white pants. The guy tried to short him again and got shot in the leg. Not a nice story, not a happy story, but an interesting story.

There's a recording of Sonny and Brownie's where they talk about how odd it was for people to see a blind man and a lame man (i think McGhee had the Polio) to be leading & leaning on each other down the street.

Jimmy Reed, now there was a guy who could play with a rack and a guitar. When most guys do it it's not that interesting to listen to, but he could do it nice.

So the moral is don't short change any blind bluesman while driving.
tjo'
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Quote:
On 2005-12-21 16:56, Vandy Grift wrote:
The harp is cool. Just get your self a rack and play ala' Guthrie or Dylan. Not sure if Sonny ever used a rack. I don't believe so.
Vandy

Well if I were Sonny, I'd sure as heck be playing with Cher's rack.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I get the moral T-Jo. LOL

Here's to Cisco and Sonny and Ledbelly too.
And all the good people that traveled with you.

-Song to Woody, Bob Dylan.

Vandy

Brownie could also blow inside out and upside down. Yes, he did have the polio.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Every time you want to practice ANYTHING in your car think of the children not gonna have a daddy for the next Holiday Season because YOU wanted to do something other than DRIVE when operating a deadly weapon at high speeds....

if you guys think this is remotly funny spend some time at an accident scene cleaning up the wreck!

lose someone to an actual accident sometime and then see if practicing is so darn important.

people DIE from accidents......heck most police departments have stopped calling them that they refer to them as CRASHES because they were preventible!

so please stop doing this......YOUR family needs you more than you need to know the latest pass.....and others family certianly do.

even at slow speeds kids dart out and wouldn't you feel great for the rest of your life if you killed them because you had to learn the latest magic trick?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2005-12-21 17:14, scorch wrote:

Well if I were Sonny, I'd sure as heck be playing with Cher's rack.

If you were Sonny (Bono) you'd be pushing up daisies.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I can not beleive this many people do this crap. One of you are going to kill somebody. Hey after we all drive down the roads playing cards etc etc. Why don't we all get really really drunk and then hand out hand guns and see what happens. If that doesn't kill somebody I can think up other idiotic activities.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow another voice of reason.......at least I am not alone
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Danny I think that it is safe to say that if the two of us are the voices of reason that something is wrong. The crazy thing is that the two of us appear to be the voices of reason in a lot discussions right now.
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Let's add some more things to the list:

-ever got behind the wheel while angry?
-driven while you were tired or hungover?
-sung along to the radio while driving?
-sung along to the radio while driving while Queen's "Boheian Rhapsody" was playing?
-talked on your cell while driving?
-drank a piping hot coffee whilst driving?
-had a heated discussion with someone in the car while driving?
-looked at an attractive lady as she walked by while you were behind the wheel?
-searched on the floor for a cd that you wanted to listen to?

All the above things are factors in causing distraction while driving and have probably contributed to crashes. Playing harp while driving was stupid. I believe I addressed that up above. Practicing card moves is stupid while driving. Eveyone here seems to agree on that. Now let's consider all the things that are acceptable that cause enough distraction on a regular basis to cause crashes...and see what we can do to eliminate them.

Now who's the voice of reason!!!? Booyah!!!
tjo'
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1707 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Quote:
On 2005-12-21 12:52, scorch wrote:
...the drivers who regularly talk on the cell phones, smoke, eat, put on makeup, or pick their noses while driving.

Where did you see Andrew Wimhurst? I thought he was in Jordan.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » I Practice While I Drive (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL