The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Anyone have any advice on the Hunter Bow Knot? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Deuce
View Profile
New user
Okaloma
18 Posts

Profile of Deuce
Hello,

I have McBrides magic on stage set, and I am having some trouble with the Hunter Bow Knot. It seems when I make the knot, it's a real knot! It should be a false knot. If anyone has any advice, please let me know.

Thanks,
Deuce
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Hi Deuce,

I PM'd you with some instructions. Let me know if they work.
Deuce
View Profile
New user
Okaloma
18 Posts

Profile of Deuce
Problem is solved! Thanks cfrye!

Deuce
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
193 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
It's been a heck of a long time since Deuce posted his problem--but now, I have exactly the same problem! Anyone still have the solution?

Doug
Links to help Canadian magicians
http://magicinfo.ca/

Follow me on twitter
@magicinfo_ca
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
376 Posts

Profile of oagwood
Play around with your twists of the loops, make sure you are not over twisting, or under twisting.

oliver
espalding
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
59 Posts

Profile of espalding
I learned this knot from Daryl's Encyclopedia of Rope Magic (I believe the first volume) and didn't have much trouble with it. He presents it very well. He also gives a bit more abbreviated set of instructions on the Fooler Doolers Volume 3 video.

Eric.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
This, and a TON of other knots are explained clearly on my recently released DVD: The Dennis Loomis Knot Routine... Plus. (Please pardon the plug, but it's on topic.) Explanations are shot from the rear for ease in learning. For details, visit my Web site:
http://www.loomismagic.com

Denny
P.S. I'll be in Vegas for WMS. And, I'll be happy to work with anyone on knots. I've collected a lot of magical knots and rope flourishes over the years, but always interested in learning more. If you see me, walk up and introduce yourself.
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
For book research you can also find it in Tarbell.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Anyone have any advice on the Hunter Bow Knot? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL